Sidemount solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digital_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
Have any of you guys set up a sidemount rig?
I'd be interested in setting up a sidemount rig on a bp/w + harness for some solo diving

Any tips, advice ... anything?

Well i dont believe in diving solo But i do have a sidemount rig i use the diverite nomad it works good . my recomendation if your going to dive solo use bigger tanks ie 130's or 12l in metric and get used to diving sidemount with somebody around its kinda a change from diving back mount As for using a backplate for sidemount its not a good idea you want a soft pack so you have less of a chance of getting stuck going into a tight restriction and with a back plate you will be like a cam lock just like rock climbers use

I dive sidemount because I think its the best solo configuration. I bought a diverite nomad and it works well. There is no backplate in the system, it's based on the Transpac.

I dive sidemount because I think its the best solo configuration. I bought a diverite nomad and it works well. There is no backplate in the system, it's based on the Transpac.

I would like to see some pics of your rig.

If anyone would share pictures of them wearing their sidemount rigs I would be grateful.

I should've been more specific
When i'm talking about sidemounting, i'm not talking about navigating restrictions or entering overheads
Purely just sidemounting for open water solo diving

I guess i can't re-rig my backplate then... bugger. I'm definately not buying another rig just for solo dives; i'll just sling a bottle

If anyone would share pictures of them wearing their sidemount rigs I would be grateful.

Here's a pic of my nomad with twin 130's, and o2.

team2.jpg

I should've been more specific
When i'm talking about sidemounting, i'm not talking about navigating restrictions or entering overheads
Purely just sidemounting for open water solo diving

I guess i can't re-rig my backplate then... bugger. I'm definately not buying another rig just for solo dives; i'll just sling a bottle

If you're not going into restrictions, all you need are the neck bungees and a buttplate. Go ahead and attach it to your backplate. It's not optimal for caving, but for OW it will work out just fine.

If you want a Transpack, I have 4 for sale at $100 each.

Hey mike,
thanks for the info
could you point me in the direction of some info on actually rigging a sidemount setup.
When you say neck bungies, i got lost. I thought it was just like stage rigging, clearly not!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom