Sidemount wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just one universal Sidemount/Backmount system I know - Dive Rite Nomad XT System
any conversions of BCD to the sidemount is BAD idea.

conversions of normal wing (like OMS) is possible, and you can get very nice config, but it takes long time to convert it back to the backmount.
слепить СМ из того что есть: Scuba Diving: Подводный форум больных дайвингом.
View attachment 480232
or
View attachment 480233 View attachment 480234
View attachment 480235 View attachment 480236
In theory the Hollis SMS 75 is a universal system. Though I've never seen anyone do anything other then sidemount in it, it is set up to take a single tank backmount anyhow.

But if you are going to be a pro get someone who knows what the heck they are doing to teach you how to do it and what you should look like in the water. Then buy a rig that suits your style of sidemount diving. Don't be "that guy" who everyone laughs at as he tries to teach something he doesn't actually know how to do.
Fixing The Sidemount Training Disappointment

And a decent source for sidemount options is here:
A List of Modern Sidemount Diving Systems

In theory the Hollis SMS 75 is a universal system. Though I've never seen anyone do anything other then sidemount in it, it is set up to take a single tank backmount anyhow.

And a decent source for sidemount options is here: A List of Modern Sidemount Diving Systems
My instructor used Nomad for both applications, side and back mount. I try it too. And here I can tell "I know" :)
others - just heard about it :)
So -

backmont sidemounts is:
Diverite Nomad XT
Amphibian gear Transformer (RUS)
Hollis SMS100
OMS Tesseract
Sea Monster Sideomunt (PL)

+1 on sidemount specific rig. It will save you much fiddling and fixes research. And have you better able to fully demo sidemount benefits.

For over a year I read about sidemount and the many adjustments to make the early rigs work. From posts it seems as if some of that, or just compromises, applies to the multi-use ones. I recently got the purpose built side-mount only xDeep and have had no apparent issues using it with LP50s tight to my sides up along my body. It is a blast. Loop bungees seem the way to go on clean attachment, they work well for me; most videos of the others show tanks hanging low. A dedicated sidemount rig leaves my BP/W ready when I need to use back-mount singles with students.

As max tanks, I'm more prone to moderate sized and less negative, AL80 and LP85 say, so xDeep seemed best.

My usual dive buddy, before he went sidemount, used his SMS 75 for backmount; he was quite pleased with it. Similarly, when circumstances forced me to dive BM instead of SM, I used my SMS 75 and had excellent results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom