Siesta Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knives

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

I visit siesta key often. Are there any shore dives I can do around there? I do not know enough about current and local conditons to venture out off the beach by myself, also are there any local divers in the area I might be able to hook up with for a dive next time I get down?
Thanks , Anne :)

Venice beach isn't far from siesta key. Lots of board members go there for fossils.

Yes , I have read about Venice... and I will definitley go down that way . but I thought I would check around Siesta Key ....Thanks Wendy

My husband and I went out with a dive shop called Scuba Quest.
Their boats are located at Marina Jacks. They were a good charter to go out with, although it was about $65 per person for a 2-tank dive. They took us out to what I think was called M1 dive site, where we saw very large grouper, some baracutta, sea turtle, and a nurse shark.
My husband's parents have a place in Sarasota, so we are heading down there the day after thanksgiving. We are going to possibly do some shore dives off of Venice Beach this time and hunt for shark teeth. We went to Vencie Beach and found shark teeth on the beach last time we were there, but we are hoping to find much larger teeth!

:) Thanks for the info ....yes I have heard about the shark teeth , have not had a chance to go for them yet...

look forward to check them out next time....
Anne

I have never been over to Siesta Key or Venice area. How is the diving over there? Boat/Shore/Snorkeling? Are there other sites over ther eto dive on other than teeth hunting(Reefs, artificial/natural)? Thanks for any info you can provide.

I have never been over to Siesta Key or Venice area. How is the diving over there? Boat/Shore/Snorkeling? Are there other sites over ther eto dive on other than teeth hunting(Reefs, artificial/natural)? Thanks for any info you can provide.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom