Sigma 19mm M4/3 lens UW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried out the Sigma 19mm lens on my E-PL5 today. It was behind the Precision fisheye dome, which is just what I happened to have on the camera. Conditions were very ordinary but here are some test shots (the most recent 6):

Flickr: watsonphil35's Photostream

Phil

Query -- why would you use a 19mm lens on a M4/3? What would be the benefit? It doesn't seem to be a "real" WA lens at 38 mm effective nor, of course, is it a macro lens. Why would you use this one instead of the kit lens?

I'm just not fond of the kit lens so it is good to know this one works. But you're right, W-A & macro lenses have more utility underwater.

Thanks for sharing pics! I bought this lens too thinking it might make a good scouting lens. It focuses close (min 20cm), very sharp and works in the nauticam 4.33 dome. This lens is way sharper than a kit lens and sells for $199. I havent had a chance to use it yet, just tested it out in the tub.

I'll post them as soon as I get a chance lol. I know it seems weird but I just wanted to do a quick test to see if the 19mm lens would focus in the dome port. It seems to work in the 45mm flat port as well. Its a little shorter that the 45mm lens though. I compared them to the 8mm fe, 12mm and 45mm at the same distance just to see the difference in fov. By the way all these lenses would work in the dome port. But obviously you would want to use the 45mm in the flat port to get the most out of it.

Absolutely teasing.

I went to the county indoor pool a few years ago with weighted pool toys and worked on lighting/flash position, DOF, and making sure of no leaks. The pool does have an 18 foot well, and it was fun to see just how long I could hold be breath at 50 years old...

Lol no problem, gotta do what it takes to test the gear. Here are some of the pics. I used full auto mode about six inches from the objects, tried to keep the same position and distance.

The first pic is 8mm, second 12mm, third and fourth pics are the 19mm in dome port then flat port. Last pic is 45mm in dome port.
8mm.jpg12mm.jpg19mmdp.jpg19mmfp.jpg45mmdp.jpg

interesting. makes me wanna house my e-pm1 after all.

Lol no problem, gotta do what it takes to test the gear. Here are some of the pics. I used full auto mode about six inches from the objects, tried to keep the same position and distance.

The first pic is 8mm, second 12mm, third and fourth pics are the 19mm in dome port then flat port. Last pic is 45mm in dome port.
View attachment 144198View attachment 144199View attachment 144200View attachment 144201View attachment 144202

Thank you for the idea. My bathtub is going to be busy. I have to figure out what to use for subjects. I need color.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom