Question Sign for Horseshoe Crab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
evilizlan

evilizlan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Does anyone knows how to make sign for horseshoe crab underwater?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was moved from the Site Support forum. Please choose the appropriate forum for new threads.

Does anyone knows how to make sign for horseshoe crab underwater?
There is no standard sign; you'll have to make one up...presumably a combination of the sign for a crab and something that looks like a horseshoe.
1650984119637.png

Or just grab it and throw it in your game bag (fishing license required). :)

I have seen "crabs" signaled by raising both arms and making pincher movements with thumbs and cupped fingers. I guess that could mean Lobster on the east coast (of the US). The most common signal I have seen for west coast spiny lobster is to wave the index and middle fingers on your forehead simulating moving antenna.

There is no standard sign; you'll have to make one up...presumably a combination of the sign for a crab and something that looks like a horseshoe.
View attachment 719443
Cheers, i thought about crab sign showed the shape of horseshoe already, perhaps next time ill pointed feet and crab sign; shoe + crab. Close enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom