Silent World 1956 by Jaques Cousteau Complete Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The Silent World, 1956 / Jacques-Yves Cousteau / HD 720p - YouTube

It's amazing to see them diving in almost nothing. It's also an interesting take on the culture of the 50's. At one point the accidentally kill a baby whale with their ship. Then sharks start to feed on it. They get pissed at the sharks and start dragging them on board and killing them.
It's kind of crazy to watch.

Taken down due to copywrights.

Yep- they hit that whale good, but..... accidental like.

Me, I loved the scene where they're tearing it up with those hardcore scooters. I should probably have my license revoked but it looks like a hellova good time. They weren't exactly worried about ascending faster than their bubbles!

Saw this thread and went out to see what I could find. I came across the scene of the diver exploring a wreck. and it was beautifully shot. all that i could think was how many of the artifacts were probably poached off of that wreck by now. But, my favorite part was when the diver pulled out a bayonet and proceeded to hack head sized piece of coral off the ship's bell. I thought that was pretty shocking (not as shocking as shocking as running down the whale or killing the sharks). I guess it goes to show how much the world has changed in the last sixty years...

---------- Post Merged at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:29 PM ----------

my daughter rescued all JYC books this spring from my parents house when we were clearing it out. I loved that stuff back in the day..

my daughter rescued all JYC books this spring from my parents house when we were clearing it out. I loved that stuff back in the day..
I only managed to salvage one book from our old collection but it is one of my favorites.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343173078.265730.jpg

I have that book in my library!

We used to watch all his shows... the little mini subs were the boss... the looked like flying saucers. I wanted to build one.

I'm planning to hold a party for our local divers and will show "Silent World" and serve beer milkshakes. I think some of the youngsters here barely have a clue who JYC was. I had the opportunity to check off "Work on a documentary with the Cousteaus" from my bucket list back in 1985 when I was a script consultant for a two hour episode of Cousteau's TBS series "Rediscovery of the World." I worked with old friends JMC and Dr. Richard "Murph" Murphy on the Alcyone and never stepped foot on the Calypso.

On the 100th anniversary of JYC's birth, a diver who works for an L.A. radio station wanted to interview me as part of a tribute to The Captain. His managers nixed the idea of the tribute, apparently suggesting Cousteau wasn't an important enough figure to receive such attention. I guess they were born yesterday.

On the 100th anniversary of JYC's birth, a diver who works for an L.A. radio station wanted to interview me as part of a tribute to The Captain. His managers nixed the idea of the tribute, apparently suggesting Cousteau wasn't an important enough figure to receive such attention. I guess they were born yesterday.

Blasphemy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom