Silent World Diving - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Harold!!!

Well you survived being my dive buddy!! :)

Since I cant cow tip here, Im starting a new sport--underwater jelly fish tipping! Want to get the first speciality card for that one! :)

Pat

I used Silent World in Feb. We did 4 days of diving, 2 trips a day, and were promised by Rick we could decide the dive sites, as we had 8 in our party, we were doing Wreck diving check outs and didn't want to dive the same sites over and over. They signed up newbies to join us on the boat, which ended up changing our plans to dive the Spiegel and Duane. Luckily we got to dive them the next day. Otherwise, everything was OK about them, but the bottomline was, they didn't keep their promise, so I doubt I'd use them again.
Just my 2psi
C-Dawg

Hi C-Dawg. Sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied. The previous owner was probably just trying to keep all his customers happy whilst not loosing money. Feb is a quiet month, so Ric probably had one boat running and was just trying to accommodate trips for both novice and advanced divers. The best way to guarantee your diving schedule is to charter a whole boat, which for eight of you, would probably have been cost effective. Then you can dive when and where you want, within reason. To avoid this type of situation occuring, we dont guarantee any dive sites when people book, however we do take requests and do our utmost to meet them. I have also just started a Tek 'n Wreck email list, where I will send customers details of up and coming wreck trips. I will add you on the list if you are interested - just let me know. That goes for anyone else out there who is interested! Also call me for custom dive charters at the best rates!

Best regards

Chris

Chris at Silent World:
Hi C-Dawg. Sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied. The previous owner was probably just trying to keep all his customers happy whilst not loosing money. Feb is a quiet month, so Ric probably had one boat running and was just trying to accommodate trips for both novice and advanced divers. The best way to guarantee your diving schedule is to charter a whole boat, which for eight of you, would probably have been cost effective. Then you can dive when and where you want, within reason. To avoid this type of situation occuring, we dont guarantee any dive sites when people book, however we do take requests and do our utmost to meet them. I have also just started a Tek 'n Wreck email list, where I will send customers details of up and coming wreck trips. I will add you on the list if you are interested - just let me know. That goes for anyone else out there who is interested! Also call me for custom dive charters at the best rates!

Best regards

Chris
Chris,
You're right, the best way would have been to book the whole boat, but I put the trip together, and when booking, was told that wouldn't be necessary by Rick, so I didn't book the whole boat. We didn't have a problem with other divers joining us, or the shop trying to make some extra money by booking more divers for that trip. We had a problem with the experience level of those joining us, causing a last minute change of itenerary, and having to go to Carys Fort reef instead of the Spiegel Grove.
When we arrived in Key Largo, we stopped by the shop, and went over our dive site preferences with Rick while paying for the charters and picking up lead. We had the SG planned for Sunday in our itenerary, but was told by the shop that a storm front was going thru, and Monday would be better, so we agreed, and expected to do the S.G. Monday. When we arrived on Monday, we were setting up when a couple of divers arrived. I was then pulled aside and told there was a change of plans by the Capt. When I started to complain, he agreed with me but told me he had to go where the shop told him, and we should take it up with the shop when we got back. We ended up going to Cary's Fort Reef.
One good thing happened doing Cary's Fort reef that day. My dive buddy and I saw 2 Hammerhead sharks, 6-7 ft long, in about 26 ft of water, heading out to sea. THAT was amazing, as one came within 10-15 ft of me.
I understand Rick and Janet have sold the shop, and my beef is with them, not necessarily the shop. So, I wish you the best of luck in making a go of it. As for me, I have learned my lesson, and when putting together trips will only book the whole boat and have all promises in writing.
C-Dawg

We dove with SW a couple of weeks ago and will be diving with them again next weekend. Had a very enjoyable trip. We were asking to go the the Benwood and French Reef. There were divers on the boat that had been there the day before so the captn did not want to duplicate the trip for them. We got to the BW and FR the next day. I'm sure it is tough to keep everyone happy but in this case I think captn Bob was sucsessful.

Hey Chris or Pat. If you get a chance, mention to Captian Bob that a couple of folks that are booked for Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning would enjoy visiting Carysfort and City of Washington.

Pat,
My wife wants to know where you got the zebra striped wet wuit. And don't for the starburst.

See you guys this weekend.
Cecil and Angie

Hi C-Dawg, yep, sounds as though you had a trip promised and then re-scheduled. Thanks for wishing us good luck, and I promise that we will continue to try and keep everyone happy. Hopefully you will dive with us again and will notice the difference with our increased wreck diving activity. As the summer approaches and we get even busier, we can run deep and shallow trips every day, giving us more flexibilty with the schedule.

Cecil, Angie, glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves. I will put a request in for Carysfort and the City of Washington for the weekend.

Cheers

Chris

So you like the zebra suit!!! :) I had Liquidfit (www.liquidfit.com) make it for me. Carolyn makes GREAT custom wetsuits, I have 3 of them and swear by them. And wait til you see my neon yellow one. (Ive NEVER done anything low-key in my life!)

I'll be sure to bring extra starburst!!!!

very nice ,crew boats, oonly 6-8 packs. try captian slates ! right next ot their boat... garden cove... MM 106.5

i just got back from the key largo yesterday may 26 , i actually dove with them that morning. they are super nice people and will usally try to accomidate with what you wnat to do. we went to the speigel grove and the benwood. the boat was big enough so that there was space to move with 10 divers on board.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom