Silly Happenings and Mistakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See cleavage isn't a storage space.

Haven’t you ever seen a woman stuff her phone into her bra for safe keeping? Depending on your specific anatomy, cleavage can be storage space, at least temporarily. Better than my sunglasses going into the poo infested drink! 😂🤣

Haven’t you ever seen a woman stuff her phone into her bra for safe keeping? Depending on your specific anatomy, cleavage can be storage space, at least temporarily. Better than my sunglasses going into the poo infested drink! 😂🤣

Yup and once the phone went for a dive. Pretty sure she was lucky it was shallow so it survived.

Jumped in and then realized my dive computer was still sitting on the bench of the boat. After that it became habit to attach it to my BCD when I doffed and donned my wetsuit, especially on LOBs. Now if i forget to move it to my wrist it is still with me. So, the next time when I had descended before realizing I was missing it on my wrist, I just removed from BCD, put on wrist and continued the dive.

Forgot another one. Was doing a checkout dive with my youngest daughter at Devil's Den. Since she was only 10 and tiny, I didn't want her to lug her gear down the steps to get to the water. So I carried her gear, then went back up and got my stuff. Grabbed my computer in my hand and headed back down. Went back to help her in her gear, and attached my computer. Got my mask on, reg in my mouth and checked the computer. It was gone. Fell in the water as the band broke. Luckily, I was on the platform at the end of the stairs. This platform was normally above water, but heavy rains recently had it about 3 feet underwater. I was able to find it quickly. Luckily, this happened at the beginning when we were still on the platform.

I ordered a bungee mount as soon as I got home.

Unrelated to scuba diving, but there was a story recently in the news about a woman from California who dropped her iPhone into a dry toilet in some National park (I forgot which one). After all attempts to fish it out failed, she used her dog's leash to climb down the pit. The leash broke and she fell down to the bottom. She found her phone and called the rangers who came and rescued her.

Unrelated to scuba diving, but there was a story recently in the news about a woman from California who dropped her iPhone into a dry toilet in some National park (I forgot which one). After all attempts to fish it out failed, she used her dog's leash to climb down the pit. The leash broke and she fell down to the bottom. She found her phone and called the rangers who came and rescued her.
What some people won’t go through because of a cell phone.

What some people won’t go through because of a cell phone.
An average American uses iPhone (or whatever similar device) for 40 hrs per week. It's like a job.

So one time loading my car the tank valves got cracked open. Get to dive site and no air, thankfully it was a shore dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom