Similan Islands and others on a Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding Sea Bees, this is a good op with a good reputation. But the divers on their liveaboards are overwhelmingly German speakers, so socially it can get a little lonely on a SeaBees boat for anybody who doesn't speak German. For that reason, I don't generally recommend them to my non-German/Swiss/Austrian/etc. customer. SeaBees daytrip boats have more non-Germans, and it's only one day, so it's a different sort of situation than for a liveaboard.

Thanks Quero I always appreciate your insight. I am booked with Sea Bees on a 'back to back' liveaboard this Nov, 2011 to the Surin & Similans. Guess I'll take a book along, even behave and read up on some PADI manuals :)

Not sure this is part of this particular thread, but I am passing through from India to HK and have a week open in Feb 2012, where do you suggest I go? Bali, South Siam? Thanks! Finbob

Thanks Quero I always appreciate your insight. I am booked with Sea Bees on a 'back to back' liveaboard this Nov, 2011 to the Surin & Similans. Guess I'll take a book along, even behave and read up on some PADI manuals :)

Not sure this is part of this particular thread, but I am passing through from India to HK and have a week open in Feb 2012, where do you suggest I go? Bali, South Siam? Thanks! Finbob

You might have luck on your side on your SeaBees trips and be on ones that aren't as "German." I'll think positive thoughts for you!

As for February--if you want Indonesia, maybe Lembeh would fit the bill. If you want Thailand and don't want to go north again, you could go south, yes, to Hin Daeng, Koh Haa, etc. from Lanta, or maybe Koh Lipe?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom