Similans Liveaboard at Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eytokyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would appreciate your recommendations for a luxury liveaboard in the Similans at Christmas.

Hi Eytoko,

Well there are lots of liveaboards in the Similans. People will likely recommend ones they have been on. Your best bet is to shop around and have a good look through you options.

Here is a link for a good place to start: Similans Liveaboards.

Hope that helps.

Check out Kao Lak Scuba Adventures. On the Spot, is.... on the spot (sorry/groan) on this one. I dove with them in March of 08 and loved it.

Going on the "Scuba Explorer" on Nov11th, but that's because I'm getting staff price (550 baht a dive room and board all inclusive.... yeah!)

Sorry, I'm excited. Had to let some out.

I dove the white Manta. A very nice boat, roomy, great food, adequate dive deck and a nice sun deck. I believe the Black Manta is even a more luxurious boat but the White Manta was extremely comfortable and I would dive it again without a second thought.

I work on the White Manta and Black Manta so I am biased as can be but I do think they are great boats. As Mase says though, the Black Manta is much more luxurious compared to the White Manta. Cabins are all en suite in the BM and most have double beds or better whereas the WM has almost all single bunks in smaller cabins and only the middle deck is ensuite. The dive deck, saloon, eating area and sundeck on the BM are massive compared to the WM too. The crew, food, service, massages, etc on both are at the same level, I'd say.

In Phuket, there are some other boats more luxurious than the BM but I think both these boats provide good value for money. Then again, as noted, I am very biased!

I would say that the the Manta's are both very good boats, as are the S/Y Siren and the Mermaids. I have always found the Junk to be one of the more popular luxury boats.

Have a look at the High Budget boats here.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom