Simple Question but Hard to Answer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadragon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am looking for the thread specifications for the mounting bolts used on double tank configurations. That is the size and thread type / count for the two threaded mount bolts you typically use a wingnut on to secure the wing and backplate to the tank bands. If I can get specs for both the threaded bolt portion and wingnut that would be perfect. Picture enclosed with arrow showing the pieces I am talking about.

DiveRitetankbands.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The threads from all the Dive Rite ones that I have used are 5/16"-18 also called 5/16" national course

I'm not sure which island/country you are located on.

Also, pardon me but I have not dived doubles, but these would be the same fasteners/slots where an STA would be attached, right?

I checked into this last year before I bought an STA from Agir-Brokk, because they offered to tap it to a more common US size for me if I preferred that. The Agir-Brokk comes with 8mm, which I gather is a common size in places that use metric.

Deep Sea Supply in California sells Delrin thumbwheels for those fasteners, and they carry 8mm, 5/16" x 18, and 3/8" x 16, so I figured that those three are common (I stayed with the 8mm).

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?category=backplate_acc

Blue Sparkle

Last edited:
Thanks Dsix36 and Blue Sparkle. We get most of our stuff from the US and that should do nicely. Cheers.

Some also use 3/8 UNC. But my preference is 5/16. 8mm works perfectly fine too. Just make sure you get 316 grade stainless, also known as A4 or marine grade. Some of the bolts/threaded rod that is supplied is 304 stainless or A2, but will not fear as well over time in salt water.

Back
Top Bottom