Singer Island FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandys Sunday, Ocean Quest's boat; is made by Island Hopper and they are flat bottomed. If you have any seas if might be uncomfortable except if it's full, then; you won't be able to fall down! It's more than a little difficult to move past the motor cover going to the bow or stern!

Diving with Sandy made me sad. I really like her. She gave us a really good drop, and a great pickup, and her crew is all very nice. But her boat is terrible. You have to climb around her engine hatch and be careful not to bang your head, plus it means you can't put your fins on until you move to the back of the boat. It's very cramped and I watched a lot of people get sick. The hull shape doesn't work nicely in anything more than smooth seas, and I felt like there was more than average amount of engine fumes on the back deck. It gave me a headache. When she gets a different boat, I'll gladly go back.

It's funny what you remember after a dive. I distinctly remember that the angular benches on Abernathy's boat were very rough on my legs as the boat rocked and rolled in what seemed to be relatively mild conditions. After that dive, I started noticing how those are built and I think I much prefer the kind with rounded edges.

And, I remember that Narcosis was the fullest dive boat I've ever seen. He was carrying his limit and he's got a high limit. And I didn't appreciate the captain walking around us with his cigar, but he drove well.

Wet Temptations is a 46' Newton, and I think that's a pretty well built boat for scuba diving. I like how they handle, how they feel in rough conditions. I wish more of the West Palm area boats were 46' Newtons.

If you are diving BHB, Little Deeper is moored right there, depending on tides, you could do a boat dive and a bridge drive without leaving the park!

I've never done a dive with Mark, but I do see his pictures from when he takes new divers to BHB or on ocean dives. I can tell just from what I observe from those pics that Mark is giving these divers an excellent experience.

And just a really great guy in general. Very patient and soft spoken. A good choice for your daughter.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom