Single Divers Looking for Roommates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to throw my hat in here....
  1. Married 52 year old guy traveling solo.
  2. I snore and sweat in my sleep so no close spooning.
  3. I have been recently neutered so my demeaner has improved markedly as of late. No more barking at cars or chasing squirrels.
  4. I am generally not a heavy drinker until I am.
  5. I am a certified Divemaster but have no moral compass so if I don't like you, don't expect me to save you.
  6. If, for some reason, I can't sleep, I will probably just stare at you sleeping all night long.
  7. I pee in my wetsuit.
  8. I will probably lay my wet gear out on your bed so it can dry.
  9. I travel light so I will probably wear your clothes when not diving.
  10. Same goes for personal products like toothpaste, deodorant, and medications.
If this sounds like an ideal match to you, you need to raise your standards.
Ok sounds good, let’s link up, no spooning and I have to sleep on the chair due to a bad back, you can use the bed for a drying rack and you can have free reign of my shave bag. The only thing I ask is you do a proper buddy check and give me your primary when requested.😛

Ok sounds good, let’s link up, no spooning and I have to sleep on the chair due to a bad back, you can use the bed for a drying rack and you can have free reign of my shave bag. The only thing I ask is you do a proper buddy check and give me your primary when requested.😛

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. You're on. Good luck Tuesday morning.

So if I don't have a roommate identified on Tuesday and I sign up, how does that work? When someone else pops up, can we call after the fact and arrange for the same room?

So if I don't have a roommate identified on Tuesday and I sign up, how does that work? When someone else pops up, can we call after the fact and arrange for the same room?
You can sign up as a single room and add a roommate if there any spots left when you find one.
Bay Adventure will be able to move you from a single to double room without any issues.
Diver spots are what we are limited to, rooms are not our limiting factor.
If 2 people sign up as single rooms then later choose to room together that will not be an issue if they make that decision before final payment.
I hope this answers your question.

Okay, tossing my bona fides here too:
I
Solo 65-year-old female MSD (will be 66 in Feb) with somewhere north of 300 dives (I've been really bad at updating my log the last couple of years; plan to remedy that before this trip). I've just contacted a few diver friends to see whether they'd want to do the trip and room with me, but if there's a solo traveler female here, I'm open to having a different roomie (since I'm not sure any of my dive buds will be able to come).

Did a week at this resort back in August 2017 and have wanted to go back since. Was thinking about booking this summer before the SCUBA Board announcement, so this must be karma! Night diving that trip was AWESOME - definitely going to independently book a couple of night dives during the week.
I am thinking about doing this trip. If you do not have roommate, perhaps we can consider. I am 64 with 200 dives. Been out of water since COVID, but next year I am on the road and diving alot. Perhaps we can talk?

If we have a roommate already do both divers need to call with info for the spots?

I am thinking about doing this trip. If you do not have roommate, perhaps we can consider. I am 64 with 200 dives. Been out of water since COVID, but next year I am on the road and diving alot. Perhaps we can talk?
I’m already in to room with starzz here (she was super-fast on the uptake!). Hope there’s someone else you can room with; certainly if you do the trip, we “senior” women should all get together!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom