single tank faber 18lit switch for double 8,5lit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucca brassi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well I have for a long time problem with my trim , I was hope to make my fundies in july but instuctor get sick and ... next year.

For now dive in wet suit 5mm , DTD single tank wing CUB18 , canister light (2kg R) , counterweight (2kg L) , I put on my crotch
left side weight pocket and put inside another 2 kg (so I have 6kg ditchabe weight )with SS backplate.

problem : I dive mostly in our see and lakes mostly to depths cca 30m . Im little stronger 187cm/110 kg and I need litle more air , that's why I choose single tank 18lit.

Prepairing for fundies I have switched valve on my tank for double valve , got also double regs 1st. (TEC3/XTX50) with switched L/R. Whole thing become heavier at bottle neck and my trim go down with my head. I have also tought to switch on aluminium backplate.
Air in tank weight 5kg , tank become empty positive buoyant +1kg (faber steel tank 18 lit /19,3kg)

I can keep myself with that configuration with empty tank & empty underwater . But I'm comfortable only on end of dive when I get right trim It is also very uncomfortable diving near cost because all waves catch my tank from side (205mm diameter ) and is hard to swim side by side not to get collision to my buddy , also swiming back.... higher SAC because of all time paddling .... etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I saw that exist double tanks 2x 8,5 lit which have almost same volume and complete weights almost as my single tank ; 24,27kg and have same length as double 12 (30,87kg)

DOUBLE 8,5LIT
I know that most poular is 2 x12 but when I need them I'll borrow them (I think so ) I like to have comfort at normal dive.

so let me know what you think , you have some advice . Problem is that I have headache thinking all time about that bloody trim instead diving and having fun ....

THX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom