Singlehose Regulator ID please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than the S for scubapro (with a 4 on the diaphram) there are no markings on either regulator. The first stage has a self tensioning valve mechanism. $5 at a garage sale.

Picture166.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Very nice score! My mk5 is over 40 years old. Still works like the day I bought it. The only regulator I've ever owned. You were very lucky to have gotten that so cheap.
Most regs on the market today can't hold a candle to the MK5, the quality and function are 1st class.

I make it a habit to cruise garage sales, flea markets and secondhand shops when ever I get the chance. My philosophy is "you won't find something good everytime you look but you'll never find anything good if you never look".

I make it a habit to cruise garage sales, flea markets and secondhand shops when ever I get the chance. My philosophy is "you won't find something good everytime you look but you'll never find anything good if you never look".

I'll have to find time to do that also. My 1st tank just failed hydro, it was the 5th or 6th hydro. It was also the one I used the most for a long time. I couldn't guess how many hours and fills on that tank. So of course I'll be looking for a cheap replacement. Good luck and good diving with your new reg. Someone on this board has a MK5 1st stage for sale, you might consider buying that to replace the pnematic yoke. Personally I'm not big on do-dads like that, also it never caught on for any other reg either. There's probably a reason for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom