Sipadan Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavemanxxx

Reaction score
Quick question.

I am planning to go to Sipadan / Mabul in September. Does any one know if that is a good or bad time for diving weather wise or water wise

Look forward to your help.

Thanks

According to the boatmen, DM, resort managers and some divers who had make it their home; you could dive in Sipadan all year round and April/May supposed to have the best vis. However, you can’t really tell now as the weather is changing. Just hope for the best. The sea is good always, we dive even during heavy rain so long no thunder storm.

Thanks. I live in Thailand, and generally dive all year round, but I have some non - divers who will not be happy with rain every day

Just a word of caution. Your non-diving friends will be bored stiff at Sipadan :snore:. There is absolutely nothing to do there apart from diving and the beach is not exactly fab...

Thanks for your tips, and glad to hear the monsoon hits in later. Agreed, Si[adan there is little to do for non-divers, and I will try to get on Mabul, but again, there is not much there either. Bali might be anotehr option as there is more to do there, and I heard secret bay is quite nice.

See ya

Back
Top Bottom