Sipadan's Lat & Long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No idea, but I'm sure the info is somewhere online. Any purpose to know such thing? But since it follows Malaysian/Singapore time, the sun rises as early as 530am in Eastern Sabah.

No purpose at all. I just like to mark it in my Google Earth. I've tried searching it but I can't find it. There's one website www.fallingrain.com. It lists many Malaysian towns with Lat and Long but Sipadan's not on it.

F/E

malaysia-islands:
No idea, but I'm sure the info is somewhere online. Any purpose to know such thing? But since it follows Malaysian/Singapore time, the sun rises as early as 530am in Eastern Sabah.

Excerpted from here:
http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/li...ess2002/ipresscom2002-39bis_inma_20021217.htm

"Sipadan is also a small island, having an area of approximately 0.13 sq. km. Its co-ordinates are 4° 06' latitude north and 118° 37' longitude east. It is situated some 15 nautical miles from Tanjung Tutop, and 42 nautical miles from the east coast of the island of Sebatik. Sipadan is a densely wooded island of volcanic origin and the top of a submarine mountain some 600 to 700 m in height, around which a coral atoll has formed. It was not inhabited on a permanent basis until the 1980s, when it was developed into a tourist resort for scuba-diving."

I wonder if they had ruled that Sipadan belonged to Indonesia, the authorities would be sucking up the proposed M$40/day entrance fee or they would be sucking up more. Either way, how much do you want to bet that 0% goes to anything beneficial at all for the island, surrounding water or marine life.

...and I don't believe google earth has that much detail to show Sipadan. Detail seems to be limited at the moment to populated or otherwise popular places.

Zippsy:
...and I don't believe google earth has that much detail to show Sipadan. Detail seems to be limited at the moment to populated or otherwise popular places.
You're right. There might be a slight greenish tinge to the sea near those coordinates, that's about it. I can easily locate the windows to my apartment though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom