Sipadian cancelled need new venue any ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was ment to be going to Sipadian in a few weeks, but it seems that there are some problems that may stop the trip form going ahead.

So now I'm looking for some where else to go (been to Manado) that I can do a weeks diving at where we can see a range of creatures / wrecks / cavens / depths.

Any ideas most welcome :)

How about Bali??

My flight is on Wednesday.... total estimate amount of spending with food and lodgings and transport is less than $1000.00 incl of air tickets. Still enough left over for a few nights of partying in Kuta.

Back on 15th of Sept

:)

well things change fast /// .... Sipadian might be back on ... but good to have a fall back plan and we have wanted to go to Bali for a while.. go diving up north .. see the wreck ..etc

maybe not prime hammerhead season, but still a chance of sightings and the general divng there is excellent

I live in Indonesia and go to Bali often. If you go to Bali dive with Bali Hi divers. You can either stay on the island (nusa lembogan) or day trip. Lots of current so great for drift dives. You are coming into Mola Mola season and that is the place to find them.

I may get a free trip to the Maldives. How is South Ari Atol at the end of November?

Carol

Albion once bubbled...
maybe not prime hammerhead season, but still a chance of sightings and the general divng there is excellent

We wanted to go to Layang Layang this year in late-Sep/early-Oct and were told they are closing a month early this year (30 Sep vice 31 Oct) for some reason or other.

We are going to give Lankayan Island a try from 24 Sep to 2 Oct. Never been there and haven't been able to find out a whole lot about the place but decided to give it a try.

Rickg

Planing on Layang Layang next year , but never heard of this "Lankayan Island", but then it doesn't take much to go from knowing nothing to being an internet expert.

Internet - The ultimate research tool

I was there in late May. Tell Ruben that I haven't forgotten his books, I'm just trying to deliver them personally! Bring your own hard liquor. The resort sells beer and wine.

God, what I wouldn't give to be there RIGHT NOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom