Sipidan dive buddy, mid December 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brettc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to dive Sipidan from the 13 December. Preferably on the Celebes Explorer but unfortunately I am currently the only diver interested in that departure date. Alternatively looking into resorts, would be great to hear from anyone interested.

Which resorts are you looking at? Kapalai is worth checking out at one end of the scale, seaventures at the other end.

Sucba Junkies have dorm rooms. Thee is no need to get a buddy beforehand for diving in Sipadan , the shop will pair you up with another diver, or the guide if thee is no other single diver. I do an Asia trip by myself every Spring, as my husband cannot get away at this time. I am always buddied up with another diver , usually the guide which is great.

Which resorts are you looking at? Kapalai is worth checking out at one end of the scale, seaventures at the other end.
Was leaning towards Borneo Divers Mabul or Seaventures, don't need anything too fancy. Have you been on the Seaventures rig?

Yes - I actually quite like the rig - it's good fun and the superstructure below is good fun diving too. Food is good for Malaysia, accomodation not 5 star hotel standard but you're not in a hotel, you're on a converted oil rig :)

Good people and a fun atmosphere - far kinder on your pocket than Kapalai etc too

Yes - I actually quite like the rig - it's good fun and the superstructure below is good fun diving too. Food is good for Malaysia, accomodation not 5 star hotel standard but you're not in a hotel, you're on a converted oil rig :)

Good people and a fun atmosphere - far kinder on your pocket than Kapalai etc too

Thank you for the information, I'll wait another week to see if there's any interest for the liveaboard otherwise go with Seaventures, kind of like the idea of staying on a converted rig :)

Guys, I am planning a trip to Sipadan in the beginning of next year. Just curious, is it safe to dive out there nowadays?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom