Size 10 Altera dont fit Xl jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well my jet fins came like 2 weeks before my fusion suit and lone behold the size 10 alteras dont fit the Xl jets, I will have to wait for LP to get back from vacation before I can try and exchange them but their exchange policy is great so I dont anticipate any issues.

I would really rather stick with Jet fins but some say the XXL are just to huge. I dont have the ability to try anything on locally so I guess its mail order fin tag for me.

those things dont even come close to fitting, I just wanted to put that out there for future reference to others.

Turtle Fins now come in two sizes... try the XL Turtles... here's the size progression (from smaller to larger) as I understand it...

XL Jets < XL Turtles < XXL Turtles < XXL Jets

I just got my Turtles from Scuba Toys a few months ago, and I did not realize that they come in different sizes. I just went to look at my fins and there are no sizes on them. They must have been an older stock I guess. I would guess that since there is not a size on them that they are XXL. I have a size 11 Altera and my Turtles fit perfect. If the XXL Jets are bigger than that you may not like them. Just so you know, Scuba Toys will match prices on LP stuff, so you may give that a try and just return your jets to LP. Scuba Toys also sells the Fusion and the Altera boots so they could probably get you the correct size. Even if they do not have the boots in stock to try in a pair of fins they would probably send you 2 sets of fins and then you just send back what ever size does not fit. If you have never bought anything from them, they are great to deal with... Plus they have their own forum and you get gift cards just for posting, so that could save you a few more bucks...

Phil

I have size 10 Altera boots and find the XXL Jets work well. So do XXL OMS Slipstreams. The foot pocket shapes are different. The Jets have a more vertical pocket that accomodates high arches well while the OMS foot pocket is smaller overall but slightly wider and not quite as high. So they fit differently but both fit.

Personally I like the extra weight of the Jets with the Fusion suit for most diving, but prefer the lighter Slipstreams for cave diving where your feet tend to ride higher.

XL Slipstreams are too small for sz 10 Alteras as are XL Jets.

Turtle Fins now come in two sizes... try the XL Turtles... here's the size progression (from smaller to larger) as I understand it...

XL Jets < XL Turtles < XXL Turtles < XXL Jets

Correction...

XL Jets < XXL Turtles < XXXL Turtles < XXL Jets

Back
Top Bottom