size 18 needs 5mm wetsuit before Aug 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there.... I just got back from Fiji --- I was there from June 8 - 16 --

I certainly did NOT need a 5mm --

I am a size 28. I have a custom 3 mm from Liquid Fit, and I used that some of the time -- but I was perfectly comfortable in my non-wetsuit diving costume -- a pair of "Quick Wick" leggings (made for water aerobics) from Junonia (www.junonia.com) and a lightweight 1.5 mm neoprene jacket from H20wear (www.h2Owear.com) --

Enjoy Fiji -- and don't stress about the 5mm.

I had some AWESOME dives and I was NEVER cold!

Liz

We just ordered the wifes custom fit suit from Oceanray in Fl. and if it doesn't fit just right, send it back for free alterations. I think it was around 250 so that's in your budget and they say it takes 7-10 days and it's in your hands.
www.oceanray.com and get a 3 mm farmer jane, that way you'll have 6 mils on the torso and be toasty. then on those warmer days, you can wear either the jumper or jacket. jmo :wink:

tony

hi,

i went on the fiji agressor a year ago december, in fiji's summer. the water was in the high 70s. i get cold easily, so i bought a women's henderson gold core 5 mm, largest women's size. it was nice and warm, and it fit pretty well, for a girdle :)))) i was about your size then.)

if i were buying now, for your trip, i'd buy a 5 mm henderson hyperstretch. and take my diveskins hooded vest.

(this is waaay too heavy for your trip, but i want to Give Away a 7mm plus 7 mm -- farmer jane and jacket. if you're interested, i'm going to place a separate post.)

HAVE FUN IN FIJI!!!!!!! Tell us about your trip when you get back.

Enviously,

Judy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom