Sizing of new Semi Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghanguss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gday,

Just purchased a new Beuchat 6.5mm semi dry suit and after trying it on I have a few questions about the fit.

From the size chart Im right in the middle of the Large range so I got the large.

The legs and arms are very well fitting and easy to put on. The zipper and upper body seem a bit tight.

The zipper has a gap of 6-8 inches before zipping up. Is this too much? The zip does up without the need to stretch the two halves together so it seems right but Im worried after time if the suit stiffens or shrinks it wont fit properly.(The suit is made of very strechy material)

Once zipped up, my arm movement is slightly restricted when both arms are reached out in front of me the zipper becomes tight across my back as I try to bring my hands together. Is this normal? If I slide the suit further up my arm if may help but it will be difficult to do without help from a reasonably strong person.

Will the suit strech over time and become easier to work with?

I can return the suit for the next size up but none of my body measurments fit the next larger size so Im worried it will be too loose.

My main concern is if the suit shrinks or stiffens it wont fit properly.

I dont know of any local shops I can try on one of these suits.

Any advice is welcome

Back
Top Bottom