SK7 Compass Stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
StuckCompass.jpg
Compass is stuck in this position. Any clues as to cause and or fix appreciated.G entle shaking didn't work and figured i'd check in before getting creative.

Thanks,
- Tom

Interesting. Probably time for creative solutions unless you want to try to get Suunto to make good on it.

I think I would take it out of the housing and place it in hot water to see if materials expansion will give it enough room to slip back onto the pivot. I would work my way up with the heat, hoping to fix it before I killed it.

Interesting. Probably time for creative solutions unless you want to try to get Suunto to make good on it.

I think I would take it out of the housing and place it in hot water to see if materials expansion will give it enough room to slip back onto the pivot. I would work my way up with the heat, hoping to fix it before I killed it.

Good non-destructive recommendation, thanks awap. Ironically last weeks dive temp was 41f so i think i can rule out overheating as the cause.

I have had this happen a couple of times. I was no where near as patient as you are. I would whack it against my palm a few times and it worked both times.

I thought the thread was "SK7 Compass sucks", I wanted to chime in and agree... Mine magically developed a crack when I was in Coz last week. No clue how. [emoji25]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the advice and experiences. Started pulling it apart and magically the impending threat of drastic action intimidated it back normal function. guess time will tell if it stays that way.

I have a total of three SK7s for two divers. Three weeks ago, two were stuck. This weekend, all three seemed to have gotten unstuck (one of them with me whacking it with the palm of my hand a few times; the other must have gotten bounced around enough in travel bags including on a flight).

I had the same problem a few weeks back. I was going to bring ti to the LDS where I bought it when I dropped it on the floor. Works fine now. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom