Skills Assessment List Online??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MisterPG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all - where can I find (online) a list of the skills required for each PADI level? Been searching all week, but can't find a comprehensive list (or even a series of lists) anywhere...

For instance...

Scuba Diver:
Tread water in pool for 10 minutes non-stop.
Completely remove mask underwater, breathe through reg for 1 minute without pinching nose, replace and clear mask - without surfacing.
Remove reg and demonstrate body-sweep-and-recover method.
Both methods of tired-diver towing (push & pull)
etc...

OW:
item 1
item 2
etc...

AOW:
item 1
item 2
etc...

You get the idea. I've done the Scuba Diver, but I would like the opportunity to at least be mentally prepared (and maybe practice) for my future skills demonstrations.

~m

A PADI Scuba Diver is someone who is only half way to being a certified Open Water Diver. PADI Scuba Divers are only allowed to dive with a Dive Pro (DM or higher). There are no swimming/snorkeling/treading requirements for PADI Scuba Diver. :)

halemanō;5890199:
A PADI Scuba Diver is someone who is only half way to being a certified Open Water Diver. PADI Scuba Divers are only allowed to dive with a Dive Pro (DM or higher). There are no swimming/snorkeling/treading requirements for PADI Scuba Diver. :)

Hmmm, I'll have to let my PADI Scuba Diver course instructor know that :D

1. Breath continuously. Check
2. Control buoyancy. Check
2. Control ascent rate. Check

What else do you need to know for OW?

halemanō;5890199:
There are no swimming/snorkeling/treading requirements for PADI Scuba Diver. :)

Actually...

The PADI Instructor Manual:
Certification Requirements
• Complete Knowledge Development 1-3, including
quizzes.
• Complete Confined Water Dives 1-3.
• Complete a 10-minute swim/float demonstrating
comfort in water too deep in which to stand prior to
Open Water Dive 2.

• Complete Open Water Dives 1-2 including Dive
Flexible Skills:
– Snorkel to Regulator Exchange
– Tired Diver Tow
– Cramp Removal
• Read and sign the PADI Scuba Diver Statement
(10062).

So, don't worry TexasKaren, your instructor was correct... :D

Thanks to everyone who helped edumacate me :dunce: and my apologies to MisterPG who was correct in his OP :thumb:

I guess I must of heard "that" on ScubaBoard :shocked2:

Luckily, if your sop is to do that whole swimming/snorkeling/treading thing pretty much asap, the PADI Police no need come :kiss2:

Thanks also to the fact that the 2-ish Scuba Divers I've signed off on could hold fingers and toes out of a fresh water pool for 10 minutes :idk:

Hey Michael,

When you're back in town, we can sit down and go over the skills for these dives. Perhaps that's something we can work on during the pool night that Bill was working on arranging!

Let me know...

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom