skin bends in Coz.,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waldick:
what's a table 6 ?

A "table 6" refers to the USN "Table 6" hyperbaric chamber treatment for, among other things, DCS.

Briefly,if memory serves, it's a "chamber ride" lasting approx 5 hours, where you are taken to a "depth" of 60 ft. for approx 1.5 hours, then slowly up to 30 ft for most of the remaining time, then very slowly,"returned " to the surface. You are breathing O2 for the majority of the time, with "air breaks" (Oxtox is a concern).

Been there, done that. Not a lot of fun, but it works.

take care,
mike

Update:

local cardiologist checked me over last week and has scheduled a TEE for next week...

"What is a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)?

A TEE is a very effective diagnostic ultrasound test that allows a physician to look at the heart from a tube that is passed into the esophagus. Since a traditional echocardiogram that views the heart through the chest wall has some limiting factors, this test allows very clear images of many parts of the heart structures and blood flow. Sometimes, this procedure is performed concurrently with a surgical procedure.

As with any type of ultrasound test, sound waves are directed to the heart via a transducer, and the heart deflects the sound waves. "

results to follow....

j

waldick:
Update:

local cardiologist checked me over last week and has scheduled a TEE for next week...

"What is a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)?

A TEE is a very effective diagnostic ultrasound test that allows a physician to look at the heart from a tube that is passed into the esophagus. Since a traditional echocardiogram that views the heart through the chest wall has some limiting factors, this test allows very clear images of many parts of the heart structures and blood flow. Sometimes, this procedure is performed concurrently with a surgical procedure.

As with any type of ultrasound test, sound waves are directed to the heart via a transducer, and the heart deflects the sound waves. "

results to follow....

j

I had a TEE about 2 months ago, they didn't fully sedate me, hurt like hell. If you are not properly sedated plan on feeling like you are chocking for 20 minutes. Mine showed a PFO.

Hello readers:

Proper sedation is important, I am told. In some cases, it appears to be insufficient,

Dr Deco :doctor:
On vacation this week.

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology is September 10 – 11, 2005 :1book:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

kraken:
I had a TEE about 2 months ago, they didn't fully sedate me, hurt like hell. If you are not properly sedated plan on feeling like you are chocking for 20 minutes. Mine showed a PFO.

I curious, what did you do ... get it repaired, quit diving ???

j

waldick:
I curious, what did you do ... get it repaired, quit diving ???

j

on the advice of both my doc and DAN, who both recommended against the procedure. In both cases, I was permitted to continue diving, but had depth and duration restrictions placed on me as well as advised to do everything I could to both limit bubble formation as well as minimize after diving activities that might cause the PFO to open. I have 20 dives post accident, most in the 30-40 range... lots of good stuff there

so i had the TEE done today....the Doc found a moderate sized PFO...i go back in two weeks to discuss the options available....

i would be intersested in hearing from anyone who has gone through this and had something done to close up the PFO, and what the effects were in everyday life and of course in diving....

more to come....

j

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom