Skydancer May 11-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jayandtutu

Reaction score
So just off the 7 day trip with the skydancer.

I am not much for writing reports so I will just say that the water was warm and the fish life was outstanding. Everything that one would expect to see on this trip was had.

For those of you concerned about water current forget it. I have seen more current in a running stream than the dive sites we went to.

We did 6 dives at Darwin 6 and 6 dives at Wolf the other 8 dives were ok but nothing compares.

Lucky to have other like minded international divers on board. My biggest complaint on this trip was the fact that the dive master did not seperate us by skill level so those of us with 500+ dives were diving with those under 50 dives....so of course those with skills were not going to the most challenging sites available

With very little current there was no need for gloves i suggest you do not waste you money on buying them. If you must do as i did buy some cheapo leather gardening gloves for ten bucks just in case.

Ensure you are a nitox diver before you go on this trip....we would normally dive 3 -55 min dives between 730 and 1230 you do this kind of diving on air it will kick you butt for sure.

Oh and we did 2 land trips as well which was a nice added feature of the trip.

Enjoy be safe and say hi to the sharks and dolphins for me.

Jay

Thank you for the trip report. I am very happy to hear the fish are still there. :) This is the first time I have heard to forgo the gloves. What was the water temp? We are going the first week in July. Good to hear the currents weren't bad, but do they vary--it seems that others have reported descent current? Some of the divers I am going with haven't done much diving in currents. Do you have to dive with the DMs or can you do your own thing?

Thank you for the trip report. I am very happy to hear the fish are still there. :) This is the first time I have heard to forgo the gloves. What was the water temp? We are going the first week in July. Good to hear the currents weren't bad, but do they vary--it seems that others have reported descent current? Some of the divers I am going with haven't done much diving in currents. Do you have to dive with the DMs or can you do your own thing?

I can only comment on my experience of course.

The currents were not there on my trip or the DM just did not want to take us to them. On Darwin we did nearly the same dive site every one of our 6 times down there. Same same at Wolf.

Dive on you own ??? LOL At wold and Darwin they give you a radio transmitter to carry withy you at all times in the event you get broke away from the group and go out to sea. Fortunately they did not have eneough for everybody so I forgo mine. For those with a fear of getting lost at sea i guess its a good thing however.

Water temps were 24-28 degrees. I wore a 5ml suit with a 3ml core vest and hood and really never found my self cold. Its just a rela pain in the arse to put that stuff on. I use to simply using a 3ml in PI and the rest of asia.

Hope this helps

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom