SL 960 Conversion to Digital Pre-Flash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing that you can't convert a SL 960 to Digital. I just received as a gift an Intova IC-600 camera, and due to the pre flash my strobe won't fire correctly. I'm currently talking with a camera guy about adding a 'circuit' to my existing flash to ignore the pre-flash, but I'm just wondering if there is a quicker fix to the solution than that? This is just an optical triggered circuit and doesn't anyone make new optical sensors with a delay circuit embedded?

Anyways just looking for other insight besides spending more money for a new SL960D.

Thanks
JC

Have you contacted customer service for SeaLife? They are pretty good at helping you figure things out and their purpose, from my experience in the dive shop I work at, is to keep the customers happy as is possible. Just a thought...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom