SL961 does not flash underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeacockMantis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
My SL961 flash gave up during my last trip. It works fine on land, but as soon as I go underwater the flash won't charge and fire (also the test mode does not work).
I used rechargeable batteries and already tested with "normal" new batteries but this does not make a difference.

Anyone encountered this issue or now how to solve this?

Hello,

I contacted techservice who did send me some general troubleshooting solutions. Techservice told me to contact the local distributor (awaiting answer).

---------- Post added August 12th, 2014 at 02:05 PM ----------

Distributor did send me to the dealer with the request to send me the flash. Before sending it to Sealife (as it is out of garanty) and I think it would be difficult to solve (as it works on land) I'm still interested to know if anyone encountered this problem.

I had the same problem. I changed the contact cord with a new one. No problem since I changed it. I think that over time water brakes the contacts down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom