Slightly big BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just bought a Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD, it's a little big. I really do not want to have to return it. I put on my wetsuit and tried it on and cinched it down. It seems to fit better and doesn't shift , but is it still safe?

If it doesn't shift around too much it should be fine. If it's a thicker wetsuit remember it will compress at depth making it fit looser.

Any particular reason for not returning it?

Also inflated it'll snug right on up!...if it doesn't rise on you on the surface, you'll be fine.

If it doesn't shift around too much it should be fine. If it's a thicker wetsuit remember it will compress at depth making it fit looser.

Any particular reason for not returning it?
The dive shop is too far away, and I already removed the tags.

Well, you could make up a crotch strap for the BC. The last jacket BC I owned was the first that came without one.

Bob

Any crotch strap that uses a 2" loop will work. Just tie it off to the bottom of the rubber plate and you're done. I made one myself.

Back
Top Bottom