small cuts on a Bare trilam drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fengz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I noticed some small cuts on the back of my Bare trilam HD tech drysuit a few weeks ago. There is no leakage, but I am worried about the cuts getting larger over time and eventually causing leak. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I have the area patched up? how much would it cost?

Any feedback is appreciated,

feng

IMG_20131202_212709.jpg

Hi Fengz,

Where is this on the suit? You could always have some kevlar reinforcement added to the area. It's something we can do for you, but we would need more details before we could quote it. Then the Kevlar would take the abuse, and not your suit

Hi Fengz,

Where is this on the suit? You could always have some kevlar reinforcement added to the area. It's something we can do for you, but we would need more details before we could quote it. Then the Kevlar would take the abuse, and not your suit

It is on the back, right below the waist. It covers an area of 3" x 3".

Thanks,

feng

Are you diving a Backplate?

Are you able to send us the suit? The Kevlar is expensive, the whole repair would be $50. That includes the patch and the Kevlar covering an area big enough for no more future issues.

I have a plastic backplate (Zeagle express tech). The cuts were caused by a rock with a lot of sharp tips. I can have the suit ready for repair in January.

feng

Back
Top Bottom