Small kid equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We put all the kids in BP&W's, it is great for all but even best for the kids!!
1. With the plate, it offers support - kids can actually stand upright with a tank on their back, oppose to being hunched over!
2. Never out grow it - kids grow, get bigger, just replace webbing

Here is my daughter (10yrs old), and she is small - Walks up and down hills by herself locally at Dutch Springs and with SS Plate only 4 additional pounds (trim weight pockets on tank) with 7mm w/Hoods & Gloves. Forgot to mention, already diving in Trim w/Control in the water (another advantage w/BP&W).

RachelHalcyon.jpg

Awesome, but what are you gonna do when she turns 15 and must have a MARES H.U.B.?

Mares H.U.B.????? They still make those? Have never seen one being used, so don't thing that would happen.

We put all the kids in BP&W's, it is great for all but even best for the kids!!
1. With the plate, it offers support - kids can actually stand upright with a tank on their back, oppose to being hunched over!
2. Never out grow it - kids grow, get bigger, just replace webbing

Here is my daughter (10yrs old), and she is small - Walks up and down hills by herself locally at Dutch Springs and with SS Plate only 4 additional pounds (trim weight pockets on tank) with 7mm w/Hoods & Gloves. Forgot to mention, already diving in Trim w/Control in the water (another advantage w/BP&W).

View attachment 142185

Is she using a short plate or regular length? If it is a short plate, at what size should the person be to move to a standard length plate?

She is actually using the Halcyon Eclipse with the short plate. There is an 1" difference in height & 1.5" in width of plate between small & regular plate. Back in the day we only had one option so we just used that and it did work. Now with small plate option, I find that the small is go for Divers 5'3" and under.

Thanks Wayne.

My daught is 11yr just got her OW she's uses a halcyon (small) black plate and wing. Good thing is she won't out grow it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom