Smart Com PSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tribaltim

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about my new Smart Com. It dosen't register the correct PSI for some reason. Now I'm going to take it to the LDS tomorrow and try some things but everything I bought is new and the LDS put it together for me and it's also all Scuba Pro products so why would my Smart Com on a 3000 PSI tank only register 1180 every time. Also after unscrewing my regulator and checking the tank pressure with my friends regulator I went ahead and dove my gear making sure I stayed near my buddy. He used approx. 2300 PSI of air and my Smart Com went from 1080 to 280 and when we got out I once again used his regulator on my tank and got a reading of 700 PSI what's wrong with my Smart Com?

They'll replace it. As long as it was bought at the dive shop they will.

Scubapro is very good about taking care of a problem like that. Just take it back and they will replace it.

Thanks for the quick response. Now will my dive shop take care of all the shipping you think or will I have to do that? Also do you think the my LDS will give me a loaner of some sort I mean I dive all the time being here on Okinawa and if I have to wait for my new Computer they should provide me with something don't you think?

I guess all I can do is ask hu....

Our dive shop would not provide you with a loaner. We don't have those. But we'd ship it out. When mine went bad it was about a 7 or 8 day turn around. Take it in quick.

Well I went to the dive shop on Camp Foster today it's bigger than the one here on Camp Kinser. They took my Smart Com and their going to ship it to UWATEC/Scuba Pro and they even gave me a loaner, for free so that's cool. I think it might take a little longer than 8 days though seeing how I live in Okinawa, Japan. I do appreciate the advice though.

Thats why you buy ScubaPro, you know that in the off-chance that something goes wrong, they take care of it, no questions asked.

tribaltim:
Well I went to the dive shop on Camp Foster today it's bigger than the one here on Camp Kinser. They took my Smart Com and their going to ship it to UWATEC/Scuba Pro and they even gave me a loaner, for free so that's cool. I think it might take a little longer than 8 days though seeing how I live in Okinawa, Japan. I do appreciate the advice though.

:06: What a lds doing something nice? :11: Don't you wish you had saved a couple hundred dollars by getting it on ebay or from LP. Scubapro is good about trying to correct their problems, especially with their new computers since they have taken a bashing on a couple of their previous problems. The loaner and shipping is just your lds being nice to a customer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom