Smartmedia card, where to buy cheap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augy

Registered
Reaction score
Does any know where I can get inexpensive smartmedia cards? I'd buy a used one if someone has extras laying around. Need about 128M but would buy 2 smaller ones if necessary. I'm going diving in 3 weeks and need the space. Thanks!

How about Xd or CF?
Tiger Direct has 128 SM for $32 (36-$5 rebate) 1 rebate only

Olympus has 128 XDs on sale for $44 if you call their tech support line and ask about them

Kingston has Compact flash on sale 128mb for $20 ($30-$10 Rebate) and 256mb for $35 (47-12 rebate) If you accept 2nd shipping, the shipping is FREE , 2 rebates allowed
http://www.shop.kingston.com/0404dm/default.asp?sls=shop_spcl

You will want some Xd or SM and CF both. That way you can keep 2 cards in the camera at all times. I will warn you that SM has some problems with being incorrectly formatted and distroying it usefullness in a camera (I have 2 64mbs to prove it) Unless there is some other reason you want SM, I would go with a XD/CF combo. h

I just realized I assuming you are using a C5050, if not some of this may not apply but I decided to leave it for others.

Thanks, I have a C-4000 so I need smartmedia. I ordered one from Tiger Direct at a very reasonable price. Thanks again!

I just got my Oly5050 and am trying to get it ready for a dive trip in a three weeks. SInce this will be my first outing, Im hopeing you can give some input towards the card/s I should use. I am doing a live aboard, so Im looking for the "most bang for my buck" so to say. Im leaning towards at 512mb card and a smaller one. Any opinions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom