Smith Lake, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll have to check with the g/f, and see if she wants to go, but we're done with exams may 9 or so, so we'll probably be able to make it may 12. keep me posted

I am still interested, but it will have to be later.

I cannot dive for a few weeks so the May date is probably too early for me. You guys test the water and report back to us and we can make a second trip.

Yeah biggmarty and I should be able to go. I like that he had to check with me before he could say yes. haha Good b/F

It looks like we have 5 going. I am sure more will join in. Does any one have a Dive flag? I may just order one anyway.

Brian

I have a flag, maybe two.

I've got a flag. Our Lake houses are near the Clear Creek Recreational Area. There are some nearby cliffs that would proabably interesting to dive. Anyone know of a natural spring that has better than average visibility? The lake is going to be cold!, on May 12. Hope you have a good wetsuit! Guess I need to get my tanks hydroed and VIP'ed ASAP!

AL

Annie Lauren:
How cold is the water going to be? Would a 3mm wetsuit plus a 3mm shorty be good?

The water coming out of the bottom of the dam is so cold you can't stand in it (when trout fishing) unless you've got on insulated waders.

A combination of a 3mm shorty on top of that 3mm full would be a minimum in my opinion. I'd say it's as cold (or colder) than Bluewater is right now.

mike_s:
The water coming out of the bottom of the dam is so cold you can't stand in it (when trout fishing) unless you've got on insulated waders.

A combination of a 3mm shorty on top of that 3mm full would be a minimum in my opinion. I'd say it's as cold (or colder) than Bluewater is right now.

Oh Mike! you are such the wimp. Who is afraid of a lil ol cold water?

boomer7:
Does any one have a Dive flag? I may just order one anyway.
Dive flags? dive flags? we don need no stinkin dive flags. We are probably safer without a dive flag since the boaters don't know what those things are anyway. If we had them, they would aim at them or try and steal them!

I would like to join y'all on the 12th but looks like work and kids are going to prevent it. Looking forward to the reports and hope to join y'all next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom