Smith Lake via Cullman side.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigken462

Contributor
Reaction score
Today as I sat in my recliner fighting boredom, I thought I may as well go out to the dive trailer and analyze some previous mixes to see if they settled any. Eventually that gave in and I was back up in the recliner enjoying the off day. Still wishing though I could be diving somewhere.

What I should have done is hooked up the trailer and went for a dive somewhere. Unfortunately, I’m quite broke. Like splitting packs of noodles in half broke. So with that, I was thinking of going to Smith Lake. Problem is, with the exception of diving just next to the dam, I’ve only dove the lake a few times from a boat.

Are there any Scuba Boarder’s on here who live in or around Cullman who knows of some areas to do a good shore dive safely? It would be nice to have a option to do some cheap diving when I can’t afford the 90 bucks to put fuel in the truck, not to mention entry fees to the quarry, dinner following the dive etc. etc. I’m not a huge fan of diving Smith Lake, but push come to shove, I would have done it today.

Suggestions?

Kenny

Thanks Mike,

What we need here is a few of the divers who are familiar with the lake to set us up a cool dive one day.

What ya'll think?

Ken

I hear it's cold... BRRRRRR....

I've been fishing at the bottom of the dam and can testify that water was COLD!

From what I've heard the hardest part though is getting good information on a site to dive on. Otherwise you end up in low vis dead trees.

Drysuit diving is your friend Mike...............You know, I still got a good one to sell. Lol. Surely it can't be any colder than ABWA.

I would agree not knowing where to go diving at would be the hardest. Most of the threads I read folks used a boat, or knew someone who was taking a boat.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom