Snorkel Vs. No Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaren:
snorkle snorkle bo borkle banananana fo forkle fee fi mo morkle....snorkle
I'm with Penny on this one, we have a winner, but belongs in the snorkel thread, not the mask thread. :D

When I first started out, I kept my snorkel on my mask. On my sixth or seventh dive, I jumped in and my mask immediately flooded. I would clear it and it would keep filling up. I wasn't panicky, but I was getting pretty pissed about it. Apparently, my snorkel had slid forward on my mask strap, and was keeping my mask from sealing. My dive master helped me get it squared away and I finished the dive without incident. When I got back on-board, I tossed my snorkel (with not a little viciousness) into my boat bag, and there it has stayed. Even when I was bobbing around on the surface in Cozumel, (see the "Left Behind" thread), I didn't feel like I needed it. I haven't used a snorkel since.

If someone else chooses to use one, more power to 'em. Personally, I feel like it's a worthless piece of equipment.

My tuppence worth,
-Frank

I used to use a snorkel when I first started diving. But after getting a new mask and snorkel (mares x vision and some other big brand mid range model) I found that in the pool the snorkel felt it was dragging so much that it was pulling the mask off. Was back in the store not long after and was asked how the new mask was going. Told the lds store owner about the issue and he said in a barely noticed whisper (padi 5 star idc store if it means anything), try it without the snorkel

First dive back with the mask/snorkel combo involved a 200m surface swim, and the snorkel just got in the way, same dragging issues. Just took it off and stuffed it into a pocket. Havent seen the snorkel since.

We had to reboard in 2-3 foot seas today that were kinda choppy and i was getting fully submerged on the peaks. Snorkel would have sucked with trying to keep it clear, time breaths and such, reg in mouth worked much better...

I'm in the airport in Guam. I don't see any snorkels here!

Diver Dennis:
I'm in the airport in Guam. I don't see any snorkels here!

Anyone wearing masks on their forehead though?

OMG another snorkel thread!!!!!!!!!

And there are even some posters taking it seriously? :monkeydan

:crush:

well I guess not mayny people like the snorkel, guess we better find a new use for them. make shift blowgun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom