Snorkelling in Moz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for all the answers - and what a fantastic picture christian!

i can just feel that i'll love it there - i have the same feeling as before i went to honduras and belize the first time - i cannot wait

wow - andy, i just saw your pics now - some of those a great, i just cannot wait now

If you can, go to 2 mile reef off Benguerra Island, its the most amazing snorkelling! huge corals, fish everywhere, you dont need to dive there, just wear a tee shirt or something, I find it very hard to get out of the water there!

The stunning Bazaruto Archipelago consists of four main islands: Bazaruto Island, Benguerra Island, Magaruque Island and Santa Carolina (Paradise) Island, situated 30km off the coast of Vilanculos in Inhambane Province off the coast of Mozambique. A protected National Park, the archipelago boasts 180 species of birds, endemic butterflies, suni antelope and freshwater crocodiles. Offshore its protected waters and reefs support dolphin, dugong, gamefish, giant lobster and several species of marine turtle.

Bazaruto, Benguerra and Maguruque were part of an extensive sand peninsula that was once attached to the mainland, but separated over millions of years as the continent slowly dipped into the ocean. The east coast of the islands faces onto the deep waters of the Mozambique Channel, which is rich in game fish and attracts big game fishermen from all over the world. The islands' protected coral reefs also team with marine life, providing some of the finest diving and snorkeling experiences to be had.

The Bazaruto Archipelago supports populations of traditional fisherman and their families, many of whom are not permanent but migrate in constant search of good fishing. One can get a fascinating glimpse into traditional life by visiting one of these island fishing communities.
Visiit Indigo Bay is an exquisite island resort, situated on the pristine Bazaruto Island, the largest island in the Bazaruto Archipelago for more info
John

We were looking at diving in mozanbique this past october 07, Flying out of Johannesburg and staying at Flamingo Bay. This seemed to be the only place I could find that might be comfortable, I can't rough it by staying in a tent. All imformation I found stated that we would have to travel to another lodge to dive. We were in Mauritius so we decided to stay and not go to Mozanbique. Mauritius provided us more information than Mozambique did. mauritius very comfortable and the dive operator would pick us up to go diving.

In the future if we are in that part of the world we might try to go Mozambique. Every thing I read about the diving I liked.

Gus

You can also try Casa Barry in Tofo. No aircon but very comfortable plus some of the best diving in Moz. I dive with Tofo Scuba, very professional and safety conscious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom