So Cal Alert Farnsworth on the Sundiver this Sunday 18 February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, Ken... it's a paper nautilus shell (Argonauta). The paper nautilus is a pelagic (open ocean) octopus that uses these shells to carry their eggs (and themselves) around until the eggs hatch. I usually see them on the deep bottom (> 130 ft) but have seen a few in the dive park.

drbill:
Yep, Ken... it's a paper nautilus shell (Argonauta). The paper nautilus is a pelagic (open ocean) octopus that uses these shells to carry their eggs (and themselves) around until the eggs hatch. I usually see them on the deep bottom (> 130 ft) but have seen a few in the dive park.

Paper Nautilus is accurate... this thing is like tissue.

I so want to find me a whole one, not a broken up one like this. I presume a whole one has a more traditional Nautilus shape? Looks like the ends got broken off of this one.

I found it at about 55'.

Thanks!!!!!!!

---
Ken

Thanks Tevis,(and evreyone else on board)

I had a great time, can't wait for the april trip!:D

Milo

Mo2vation:
Paper Nautilus is accurate
Ken, Glad to hear you made it to Farnsworth. I had the same freakin' shell in my hand at Little Gibralter on Sunday around 40' depth. I handed it to Scott. I thought it looked like a Nautilus shell, but thought that it couldn't be so I dropped it back to the sand. Oh well, at least I kept a cool abalone shell.

Tevis, THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Awesome trip with top notch divers and host. It doesn't get any better than that. I still am feeling the glow from being at Farnsworth. I am also very pleased with getting in three dives given the time to travel to Farnsworth and the weather we had. The crew was friendly and accommodating. Looking forward to the next dive date.

Janene

I am so glad everyone had a good time! I am currently in the Fire Academy and sick (Aw, rats) and called Tevis last night to ask how it went.

He called me this morning excited (and nitro hung over)and gave me the blow by blow. We are so lucky to have all of you!

We are a family of divers, and YOU DESERVE to be treated like friends.

Looking forward to meeting, and diving, and pampering you all on the next BFB charter. Looks like the Sundiver is our premiere diveboat (Ray NAILED FB).

Thanks Ken, Milo, Janene, Kevin, Mike, everyone for the mad props!

Barefoot Ahead,

Kelli

I'll have to admit, I was a little skeptical that we'd make to FB, but Capt. Ray delivered. Great crew ... great sites ... great divers. Thanks Kelli and Tevis for putting this trip together.

Rick, you my dear friend are the kind and quality that made this trip special.

Sending mad lovin' to the Kenimator, and my Guppy Guru.

Kelli my parnder, I will agree, we are merely the humble facilitators. . .

What makes these BFB trips magical are you, the warm, loving, gregarious, outgoing, kind, and giving people that participate in this grand experiment.

I for one, am humbled to be a part of this.

We appreciate your feedback and we listen closely. . . . per your feedback, we are going to space the trips out every six weeks, the Sundiver is our premiere boat, we are scheduling in the oil rigs, folks only get on if they know you personally, and let the magic be re-created!

Again grateful,

Tevis

Back
Top Bottom