Suggestion So I can use buddy finder...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
blackvans1234

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Buddy finder is a GREAT idea, the only problem is this:
-I have had a hard time being able to activate myself as a ''buddy'' despite people giving me instructions
-The biggest problem- I can enter a zip code for buddies, and get a list of buddies, but many (seems like half, give or take), of the ''buddies'' have not been active on this site. For example, upon viewing the person's profile, you see something like this, "Scuba steve 123, Registered November 6th. Last active November 6th. Forum posts-0

There should be some sort of way to sort the list of buddies by activity or something. Or you could delete the inactive users either from the forum, or just the buddy finder after a certain amount of inactive time. Like a year or so

There should be some sort of way to sort the list of buddies by activity or something. Or you could delete the inactive users either from the forum, or just the buddy finder after a certain amount of inactive time. Like a year or so

We don't delete inactive users. Howard will have to respond to the feasibility of your other questions, but I'm guessing with stuff still being implemented from the upgrade it won't be one of the top priorities.

As an alternative, have you tried posting in the regional forums to let people know you're looking for buddies? I see you currently list NY as your location, and there are a ton of active divers in that area.

New buddy finder is on the to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom