so... What got you into diving, vintage or othrwise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen Sea Hunt nor Flipper, had zero interest in diving or in the ocean until a vacation to Australia in 2006.

The pressure from everyone who knew I was headed to GBR and was not going to dive was too much so I did a Discover Dive while vacationing at the GBR. Up until that day, I'd never even snorkel swim but did my first snorkel and my first dive that same day. I was instantly hooked, got my OW in 2007 and since then I've been diving and training as much as my schedule and wallet allows.

It's an addiction that shows no signs of easing!

Man, those are some great pictures!
It's really art when you see a photo like that and it evokes a feeling and moves you somehow.

wow! no snorkel. hard core. must be a photo op? and the jute or hemp, canvas coin bag with a draw string. dont make them like that now I bet. and the custom suits. hecka cool, as my son would say.
:popcorn:

Last edited:
What got me started? Hulu - Search Check it out. I was 5years old the 1st time I saw this.

Hey, AfterDark,

Why don't you go over to the thread about vintage diving stories and entertain us with one of your adventures? Being an old f**t like me, I know you've got a few to share!

The chance of seeing women in neoprene without having to pay for the privilege did it for me.

Hey, AfterDark,

Why don't you go over to the thread about vintage diving stories and entertain us with one of your adventures? Being an old f**t like me, I know you've got a few to share!

I've been to that thread! What great stories! I wish I had stories that good! :popcorn:

Wow!
All these years (since 1960) I have felt that a single hose was the only way to go. Now after reading these articles (at a cost of causing a non-comm with wife) I am having my thoughts changed.

If I were to go after a DH reg, what would be suggested?

I am an ebay adict but don't recall seeing many DH regs.

Suggestions from those that know?

Tom,
Ebay has double hose regs on there quite often. But if you want to get into DH diving, go to Vintage Double Hose, in the store to the regulators. Bryan has some "get started" offers that just can't be beat! For $250 you get a rebuilt (with all new parts) DA Aqua Master, banjo fitting, everything you need to get going. And it comes with a one year warranty! Get that outfit from Bryan and all you have to do is take it out of the box, pop it onto a reg and splash! It's a great deal.

Buying from Ebay, you'll probably pay upwards of $100 just for the reg, then have to spend more money to get it serviced and buy the accessories like the banjo fitting, hookah port adapter, maybe new hoses, duckbill, mouthpiece valves, etc. Get Bryan's deal and you get a reg that's ready to go right out of the box.

Tom,
Ebay has double hose regs on there quite often. But if you want to get into DH diving, go to Vintage Double Hose, in the store to the regulators. Bryan has some "get started" offers that just can't be beat! For $250 you get a rebuilt (with all new parts) DA Aqua Master, banjo fitting, everything you need to get going. And it comes with a one year warranty! Get that outfit from Bryan and all you have to do is take it out of the box, pop it onto a reg and splash! It's a great deal.

Buying from Ebay, you'll probably pay upwards of $100 just for the reg, then have to spend more money to get it serviced and buy the accessories like the banjo fitting, hookah port adapter, maybe new hoses, duckbill, mouthpiece valves, etc. Get Bryan's deal and you get a reg that's ready to go right out of the box.

Here's the link:
Double Hose Explorer Kit [Double Hose Explorer Kit] - $250.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

I may even get one of these, although I already have a DA.
But the deal is too good to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom