So what happened with Kwickert's car.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard a vicious rumour that K's new car bit the dust. Please tell me that this is not true. I was so glad that he found something worthwhile and it turns out to be a lemon?!?!

Say it Ain't So!

How is he doing has anyone heard?

Last I heard he had it towed home and was in good spirits. Ken has the best outlook on things of anybody I've met to date. I would be ranting and raving. Last I heard he was taking it back to the mechanic to see if the mechanic would fix it/warranty his work.

Matt

it did indeed chew dust, but he was gonna take it back to the prev owner (who's also the mechanic who said it was ok) & give him a chance to fix it.

Oh Man! That so sucks for him. The worst things always seem to be happening to the nicest people.

I hope it works out and this guy doesn't jerk him around.

Yeah I heard he was having car problems as well with a new "used" car. What with taking it to a mechanic? I thought Ken was some top secret mechanic for the government. Maybe it isn't cars that he is fixing up there. Hmm......

Mel

He's not allowed to tell you or he would have to hurt ya, you know Mel!

Just Don't ask!

Thanks for the concern guys!!!! :hug2:

I went to see the guy I bought it from this evening, and.... He is giving me a complete refund!!!!! :D

I pretty much flat out told him I wanted my money back :maniac: Which was sorta scary and out of character for me, and with it being a used car, I really didn't have a leg to stand on... But I didn't think I could trust the thing after last weekend...

He was a stand-up guy and apologized for what happened.

I just put a $200 Blaupunkt stereo in it and he doesn't know it yet, but I will let him keep that for being so nice...

I am pretty "stoked" as the kids say!

If you read this, I am back on for the drysuit Bobby!!!!

LOL the worst part was how the whole thing left me dry last weekend and could have seriously curtailed my diving for a few months! :11: :crying:

Thanks again for the concern, as I mentioned on the "other" site, I can usually expect to do something stupid or have some catastrophe happen, but in the end things always work out.

Ken

kwickert:
....... but in the end things always work out.

It is because you're such a good guy. You have all that good karma coming back to you. :D I'll Bobby about the drysuit. He was getting ready to post it on tds.

So when are you and Bobby going to Bluestone Ken. Let me know and I'll head over.

kwickert:
Thanks for the concern guys!!!! :hug2:

I went to see the guy I bought it from this evening, and.... He is giving me a complete refund!!!!! :D

I pretty much flat out told him I wanted my money back :maniac: Which was sorta scary and out of character for me, and with it being a used car, I really didn't have a leg to stand on... But I didn't think I could trust the thing after last weekend...

He was a stand-up guy and apologized for what happened.

I just put a $200 Blaupunkt stereo in it and he doesn't know it yet, but I will let him keep that for being so nice...

I am pretty "stoked" as the kids say!

If you read this, I am back on for the drysuit Bobby!!!!

LOL the worst part was how the whole thing left me dry last weekend and could have seriously curtailed my diving for a few months! :11: :crying:

Thanks again for the concern, as I mentioned on the "other" site, I can usually expect to do something stupid or have some catastrophe happen, but in the end things always work out.

Ken

Ken,
Glad I read this before I posted cause I was just going to put the suit on the boards for a higher price. The price I gave you stands for you. Also I am in the car business right now so if you are in a market for a vehicle let me know and I will help you out if you want. You have all of my contact info and I still have limited access with enet till Mel and I get the DSL set up in the new house. Let me know and congrats on getting your money back from the guy.

Bobby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom