So where are you going in 2008?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

St.jimmy

Registered
Reaction score
Where are you planning to go diving in the new year? Me and my dad are gonna first go to florida, in the gulf and morrisson springs to get our open water dives in(last attempt failed cause my dad had a heart attack, he's fine, mostly cause of the hospital and boat's mate[plus that he's medically trained][ride the capt scuba II]). Then, we're gonna go to bonaire and/or belize ( I really wanna dive the Blue Hole, mainly cause of the depth), and possibly on a two-tank reef dive in cozumel.

So what ya think? good dives? And where are you going?

My wife and I are talking about going to Florida in April to do our Advanced class. The shop we dive with is planning a trip there for it. It should be good if we can go. All the details aren't finalized yet, so we're not sure if we can definitely make it. Otherwise, we'll do our yearly cruise later this year. Last year we dove all three ports on our honeymoon, but found it too much of a hassle. So no diving on a cruise again unless it's a liveaboard.

But we also have some plans to do some classes locally. I know I want to do GUE-Fundamentals. She wants to take it, but doesn't feel completely ready yet. I'm hoping by summer.

Otherwise, I don't know where we'll end up traveling. I know some day trips to Dutch Springs and some local charters.

I didn't dive any of the places you'll be in. I was supposed to dive a couple of them, but missed them due to weather and an injury.

Shane

Bonaire in April . . . not sure after that. We usually wait until the weekend we return from the last dive trip before planning the next . . . it gives us something to look forward to. Perhaps Turks & Caicos or a return trip to Cozumel in December.

I'm going on a cruise in March and will be diving in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Dominica, and maybe Barbados.

Medic-why did you find diving off a cruise ship to be a hassle?? A group of us did it this past September and we didn't find it to be difficult whatsoever.

I have high overly ambitious hopes:

Mozambique or PNG

JB does not seem excited, he is digging America these days.

We're thinking of going to Key Largo in May 2008 - probably staying at the Ramada and using Horizon Divers - any comments - experience with this operator? Thanks!

Where am I going in 2008? Nowhere, buddy, nowhere fast.

Where are you planning to go diving in the new year?

My wife/buddy is taking me to Bonaire for my birthday in March. We will be in Curacao for 2wks in August. Camping & diving Dutch Springs on weekends. Other than that, whatever works out!!!:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom