So ..Where have you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fascinating thread, I just had to dip in.

So in chronological order:

Vancouver (Open Water dives at Whytecliff Park)
Red Sea (Northern region from Hurghada-based liveaboard)
Whitsundays, Australia
Northern Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea from liveaboard
Vanuatu - Espiritu Santo (President Coolidge)
Fiji - Kadavu
Fiji - Off Viti Levu
British Columbia - Howe Sound
England - Wraysbury Lake (doesn't count; it's a reservoir near Heathrow airport)
Gozo

Definite plan in the next six months:

Return to Australia

Possibly:

Southern Red Sea

Hopefully:

Papua New Guinea
Micronesia
Scapa Flow

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. Here is my short list of diving destinations.

Zanzibar
Guadeloupe
Mauritius
Sudan
Canary Islands
Azores Islands
Palawan
Cozumel
Yucatan Cenotes
Cuba
Los Roques (Venezuela)
Portugal

Plans for the next 6 months

Maldives
Galapagos (depending on El Niño...)

OK, here I go...

* Lake Travis, Lower Colorado River Authority, Texas (Mansfield Dam and Windy Point)

* Athens Scuba Park, Athens, Texas

* Clear Springs Scuba Park, Terrell, Texas

* Cozumel, Mexico (Yucab Reef, Chankanaab Reef, Paradiso, Santa Rosa Wall, French Point, Tormentos, Paso de Cedral, Palancar Horseshoe and Palancar Gardens)

Ken
:)

Started out in the East China Sea, and Pacific Ocean off Okinawa, Japan

Midway Island, great Lobstering BTW

The Red Sea off Saudi Arabia, Beautiful

Bahamas

Providenciales, Turks & Caicos

Panama City, Ft. Lauderdale, And Key Largo, Florida

Gennie Springs, Blue Gratto, Devil's Den and Vortax Springs in Northern Florida

Lakes Jocassee and Kiawee in South Carolina

My list is lil', but growing:

Monterey & Carmel, California
Kona, Hawaii
Saanich Inlet, BC, Canada

Soon to add the Channel Islands and the Coronados (both California)...

Hi,

North Red Sea (Sharm, Ras Mohamed, Tiran);
Bonaire
Roatan
Belize
Portugal

Next:

Red Sea (St. John's Reef)

Originally posted by TexasMike
One for NetDoc to work on...

"I've been diving in a Pond with no name"

(from "I've ridden across the desert on a horse with no name)

I know this is the wrong thread for this but I can't pass this one up.

"I've been diving in a pipe that don't run. It flet good to get out of the sun. In the pipe you can feel your way for there ain't no way to see a damn thing."

Sorry, no time to work up more right now.

Also no time to list all the places I have been diving on both coasts of the USA and LOTS of inland lakes, retention ponds and stormwater drain pipes.

I've been diving a long time. I've forgotten a lot of places, but this is a short list (nothing too exotic, I'm afraid. BUT I love local diving, anyway)

Multiple trips:

Cozumel (a couple of times)
Texas Flower Gardens and Stetson Bank (probably 15 or 20 times, winter and summer)
Offshore Louisiana Rigs (5 or 6 times...it's a "different world" with blackwater murk over gin clear water. Very neat diving).
Texas Rigs, including some of the "Far" offshore rigs.
Panama City, FL (a zillion times)
Destin (a little less than a zillion, but not much less).
Pensacola (bunches)
Dauphine Island (murky research dives with lots of sharks, but cool)
Multiple Panhandle Springs (Vortex, Morrison, Marianna, etc.)
West Palm/Riviera Beach (2 or 3 times, but not in over ten years)
Key Largo/Pennecamp
Itchetucknee River (oh, shut up. I can't spell it!). Did the river and Jug Springs a couple of times.
Crystal River for the Manatees at least twice.
Lake Travis (lord, I forget)
Comal River (Did several of the "cleanups". Our club won the "tonnage" prize several years in a row. Also took a ride through the "chutes" in the winter. It was an E ticket!)
San Marcos River twice (collecting stuff lost by drunk college students).
Blue Lagoon (five or six times)
Lots of Alabama Lakes and Rivers, including Lake Martin, the Chattahoochee River (collecting old slot machines in Phenix City) and "Goat Rock" Dam.

Some fun trips that stand out and that I'd love to do again:

Grand Cayman ((Once rented a home in Boddentown and spent 2 weeks "circumnavigating" the whole island and diving many of the major sites. It was a hoot.)

The Empire Mica (off Port St. Joe, FL).

The Cities Service Toledo (off Louisiana. Sunk by German U-boat in WWII. I wrote an article for a local diving newsletter on this unique wreck.)

Places I haven't been but plan to visit in the next year or two:

Gruener Bank (offshore Louisiana and similar to the Flower Gardens, but never visited because of the remote location in Garden Banks/Green Canyon). I got invited to go this year, but had a conflict. The trip was going to stop at the Flower Gardens for a day, then go on to Gruener. It is supposed to be a WAY COOL dive, although the pinnacle is quite small, at less than 50 acres. But, it rises up from close to 600' WD, so there are a lot of big critters around.

Belize (tried to go in the Fall, but couldn't work it out)

Tortola, BVI (I'm planning a 10 day bareboat sailing charter with the family next June/July. I want to dive the Rhone and some other locations, but I don't have a buddy. This might be a trip where I bring my pony or charter a bigger boat and bring someone along.)

And any of the the new wreck/reefs installed off the Texas coast. With the offshore rigs being slowly removed one by one, these wrecks offer some of the best remaining diving (so I hear, not having visited any of them yet).

oh, yea, TWIN LAKES. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be passing by tomorrow on my way to take my 6 yr. old deep sea fishing (he's in a "kid" tournament. It should be fun...).

Mountain Lake, VA alt 4,000 & COLD (outside shots of resort & grounds for the movie "Dirty Dancing" filmed here.) The movie definitely better than the diving was.

New River, Radford, VA - once was enough!

Some backwoods springs in Florida (can't remember names - if they even had names). Road trip from Virginia.

Key Largo, FL (several dive trips over the years) Molasses Reef, French Reef, The Benwood Wreck, The City of Washington Wreck and other locations within Pennekamp Park

Nassau, Bahamas (two trips - SW side of island) Tears of Allah, Vulcan Bomber, Cessna Wreck, Pumpkin Patch Reef, Clifton Wall

Athens Scuba Park, Athens, TX

Scuba Point, Possum Kingdom Lake, TX (once was enough here too)

Maui, HI - Kaanapali Beach, Kapalua Beach, Black Rock, Molokini Crater and a few others from shore & boat

Manjack Cay off Abaco, Bahamas - Coral Caverns

Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas - Conch Condo

Cozumel, MX - Chankanaab Reef, Paradise, Palancar Gardens, Paso del Cedral, Airplane Flats, Santa Rosa Wall, Yucab Reef

Clear Springs Scuba Park, Terrell, TX (once was not enough)

Roatan, Honduras - CoCo View Resort - CoCo View Wall, Newman's Wall, No Name Wall, Calvin's Crack, 40 Foot Point, Mary's Place, Wreck of Prince Albert

Heading West from home I have done:

England!!!
Saba
St Kitts
Turks & Caicos
Florida
Caymans
Belize
Honduras
Costa Rica
Galapagos
Fiji