Socal Chartered Boat Dive Protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Kalani, it was nice of Phil to PM you, I couldn't even get him to answer a few simple questions. I guess he doesn't like my avatar :14:

Billy

Hey Billy,

Maybe you should go back and read some of the posts. I think that Phil answered your question, he even quoted your post in his answer.

:deadhorse:

Hey Billy,

Maybe you should go back and read some of the posts. I think that Phil answered your question, he even quoted your post in his answer.

EDIT:
I just went back and read his post again just in case you caught something I didn't and no he did not answer all of my questions. I asked him how come if he knew he was short 2 divers, then why did he still leave at 6:15AM and not even call his customers. So again, no he did not answer the most critical part of my post, the ethical part. I'm just replying to your post, not trying to drag this out. So at this point who is really :deadhorse: ?

Billy

I don't know but it looks to me that post 71 answers the questions you've raised.

Unfortunately, there was some misunderstanding between the original poster and the LDS. But it really isn't the responsibility of the LDS to call a customer that doesn't make the boat.

I don't know but it looks to me that post 71 answers the questions you've raised.

Unfortunately, there was some misunderstanding between the original poster and the LDS. But it really isn't the responsibility of the LDS to call a customer that doesn't make the boat.

I guess you're right, even if they leave 45min early. Damn paying consumers, don't they know better then to not demand that a dive shop explain their rules when they're completely different form every other business out there that's chartering dive boats.

Billy

I asked him how come if he knew he was short 2 divers, then why did he still leave at 6:15AM and not even call his customers.
Billy

What Phils wrote was:

No, I did not try to contact the OP. As I've pointed out previously, and several other people have as well... it's not uncommon in any way to have people just not show up.

And you are correct. Phil failed to answer WHY he did not call the two missing divers. Instead, he simply stated that it is not uncommon for divers to just not show up.

Interestingly, Phil went on to write:

However Karen and I appear to have smoothed this over and will likely have an outcome that we can both live with.

With nothing from Karen to indicate the opposite of this, I think I'll just accept this as having been resolved to the interested party's satisfaction.

As Phil went to to write:
With that said, I'm putting this one to bed. Thanks everyone for the input, I'm sure some of it will be put to good use in policy setting in the future.

This is the last post from me on this thread.

Phillip

Prehaps, now, we can stop. I think this horse can truely be declared dead.

THREAD :reaper:

:spaninq:

:monkeydan:cwmddd::bananalama::warning::babycrawl:catfight::brb::shelli::dancinglock::lurk2::deadhorse::jaws::bigun2::klo::argument:

:usa:

Rod, reading your other posts I find that 5 of your total of 9 posts regard 'fraudulent' charges. Maybe you really are just unlucky but I doubt it. Making slanderous accusations about somebodies safety and judgment is getting a bit ridiculous.

This isn't a very good start at "quietly sort this out in small-claims court in CA."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom