SoCal Dive Extravaganza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelp elite:
We can always rent a van...very very comfortable and will be much cheaper when we split the cost...it's $160 each way or $320 round trip and can accomodate up to 10 people, there's no need for a car at the resort, especialy if this is going to be a 3-5 diving days trip...I suggest Wed-Sun. Trip is about 1 hr. non-stop.
The driver of the van on our last trip, stopped by at a local grocery shop by the airport for us also he took us to a nice restaurant for to-go lunch&margaritas so we can munch and drink on the way. Nowhere you can get service like that for the price!!!!
There is no beach dives allowed (Strict Marine Park protection rules) but resort will provide me free diving if we have 8 or more divers which I'll be happy to apply it to the cost of everyone's share. 2 tank dives are $65 and 1 tank is $45... equipment rental is $20 but weights/tank-air is free.

I am taking a group there from my church for a Discovery dive excursion for non-divers to learn about diving.....this is being planned for late Sept. I thought this will be a great way to people experience what diving is all about in a nice warm, good viz. environment and cheap too!!!! Also, Cabo Pulmo is a great place for families with kids for snorkeling, kayaking etc.

I'll take Cabo Pulmo over Hawaii anytime; for short trips (3 diving days)...... but of course, that's just me !!!!

Cheers....

Please say there is some golfing near by??!!??

Ann Marie,

There are some great courses in Cabo San Lucas for Jamie!! But, we would have to stay there and taxi or van pool into Cabo Pulmo, or he would have to go in reverse... but it might be an option to stay in San Jose del Cabo and it is a shorter ride to Cabo Pulmo. I have a timeshare in Cabo so that would be a cheap alternative for me... Ana and I went last year and had a blast!

jennifer

divinman:
I knew I could get someone to do the leg work for me. I have a condo on Kona and one at Maui. Sleeps 6-8. Who wants to go? :eyebrow:

I would LOVE to dive the Creator off Maui. I would do Kona again, but I NEED more shore diving, than boat due to cost. Also, would look up my buds from Kona Honu and book my Manta dives through them. They are Da Bomb!

Jake and I will be in CP in October. We'll be at Punta Colorada for some Kayak Fishing and off-season R&R. CP is about 25 - 30 minutes from there - about a $40 cab ride.

We'd be so there if you guys are planning an October trip. If its a summer trip, it needs to be early - I'm sure Jen can tell you about August or Sept on the Sea of Cortez. It can get pretty dicy (and hellish hot) at that time of year. Last year we got lucky in August. 2 years before, not so much.

October would be great. DEMA is Oct 4 - 7 in Vegas, baby. So anytime after that would be perfect.

Pic of my 40+ rooster, and some other fun stuff we shot at Cabo Pulmo.

---
Ken

Re Cabo...

I'm going through MAJOR Cabo withdrawls. It's been TWO LONG YEARS since I have been there.

If we go, I personally would rather stay in Cabo San Lucas and book our dive tour to Cabo Pulmo through Underwater Diversions (owner and his wife are from San Diego area). They will take us to Cabo Pulmo as long as we have 6 divers booked for the trip. I would also like to dive Gordo Banks; sand falls; Lands End; Neptune's Finger; Blow Hole; and MORE! Would also love to go back to the OFFICE for the Mexican Fiesta!

I also have access to a time share in Cabo, Fiesta Americana a 5 Star Resort. I can get a one, two or three bedroom condo that sleeps up to 8 to 12 people. Has full amenities, kitchen, 7 pools, jacuzzi's, ect. Taxi to town is $20 one way, however, you can take the public bus which is 9 peso's. This resort is very peaceful, unlike the crowded resorts that are 'IN' town.

You can dive off the beach too. Another alternative is staying at the new Hilton Resort. I may have access to that time share as well, since my base IS Hilton. I believe the resort is built at 'Blow Hole' a really cool dive site with swim through caves and stuff.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I will do the research.

Ann Marie:
Please say there is some golfing near by??!!??

Anne Marie,

IF we go to Cabo San Lucas, Jamie will be quite the happy camper, for there are NUMEREOUS golf courses designed by Jack Nickolas himself!!! In fact, there is one within walking distance from the Fiesta Americana! He will be in HEAVEN, and you will be in Heaven diving Cabo!

Hopefully I can get John to come along too.

Cabo sounds great. With the golf that you mentioned, I am sure that I can get Jamie to come along. I am already doing the Bonaire trip without him, so I would rather have him along if we do go somewhere. If we do plan a trip, it would be great if we could take advantage of the weekends and miss as little work as possible. (I already have requested 3 weeks of vacation--I don't know how much more I'll get approved! :eyebrow: )

Okay, since we can't seem to make up our minds on where to go, and I'm a man of action :D , I hereby declare that the first SoCal Dive Extravaganza will take place on Oahu, Hawaii, from August 9-17, 2005. We will be surfing off Waikiki Beach, shore diving with some local Scubaboarders at Shark's Cove and other sites on the North Shore (maybe Hanauma Bay, too), taking a helicopter ride around the island, lots of snorkeling and stuff, and just groovin' on the Hawaiian grooviness.

If anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome. Looks like you can get a package (air + hotel) for those dates (from LAX) for $800.

Good man, Jimbo! Now if work schedule permits. I'm there. I would like to do a side trip to Kona for the manta dives.

Back
Top Bottom