Question Socorro in march wetsuit choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving next week (3-Apr to 11-Apr) - woo!

Bringing a Bare Evoke 7mm, a Henderson 5mm hood, Henderson 5 mm hooded vest, Henderson 3mm full suit, Bare Exowear LS top, 5mm boots and 3/4 gloves. Thought about getting a 5mm, but figured I can alternate the 7mm + hood with the 3mm + thermal top + hooded vest. Less to buy and pack.

Also - bringing a pack of ECLIPSE GLASSES for April 8th totality.
Eeee - so excited!
4 sets of top, that's packing light.

I am just bringing my 5mm, 7mm hood & gloves. Still not sure if I should go with neoprene socks and full foot fins or 7mm booties w/open heel fins. I think that is enough for the roughly 77 deg water.

I am also ready to leave for my Apr 3-11 trip, haven't gotten a eclipse glasses yet. Probably pick it up at the local store later on this week.

4 sets of top, that's packing light.

I am just bringing my 5mm, 7mm hood & gloves. Still not sure if I should go with neoprene socks and full foot fins or 7mm booties w/open heel fins. I think that is enough for the roughly 77 deg water.

I am also ready to leave for my Apr 3-11 trip, haven't gotten a eclipse glasses yet. Probably pick it up at the local store later on this week.
I'm impressed if there are eclipse glasses in your local store - I've had to buy online.

What boat are you taking? I'm on the Southern Sport.

I'm impressed if there are eclipse glasses in your local store - I've had to buy online.

What boat are you taking? I'm on the Southern Sport.
I originally ordered online but it never arrived, they said USPS 1st class could take from 2 days to a month, it's closing on on 3wks. I searched online and it showed a few places that has it nearby, including Lowe's, Walmart and some computer store.

I am also on Southern Sport, hence the posts made elsewhere on specific coverage by insurances, having belatedly found out about their reputation....all fingers and toes crossed...

Just a follow up. Got home yesterday. Used a Henderson Aqualock 5mm for the majority fo the week. Add a Sharskin Ti2 hood for the last half. Never got chilled. Very comfy the entire time. Water temps 72-76F.

Just got back with 18 dives. It was not cold at all with a 5mm Henderson Thermoprene and a 5mm hood. Even most of the dives barefoot in full foot fins. The only time I felt cold is on the dive deck after the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom