Socorros on the Rocio del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to Socorro in the second week of May 2105, the trip starting on the 10th. .
Enjoy it . Can't wait to hear all about it. We've been looking to do a trip in this region and this sounds like it may be the one for us.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2015 at 12:09 PM ----------

Just wanted to say we just returned recently from an awesome trip to the Socorros. Our 2 favorite dive sites were "The Boiler" and "Roca Partida." We had numerous encounters with dolphins, mantas and a whale shark on a couple of dives ! The last 2 dives of the trip at Roca Partida were some of the best dives I have ever had! We watched a school of yellow fin tuna go by for at least 20 minutes as the dolphins kept coming around. We saw Galapagos sharks, silver tips, hammerheads, silkys, one black tip, schools of jacks and tons of white tips! We were on the Rocio del Mar . The crew is amazing and the food was wonderful! They really do aim to please! If you have not been, you need to book a trip to the Revillagigedo Archipelago now! Ask to be in Juan David's dive group if you book with the Rocio del Mar. He is one of the best dive guides I have ever had the pleasure to dive with! Last but not least, the top side view at each of the Islands is very cool!!!

Sounds amazing, but how are you ever going to top it? :confused: Hope you are not hanging up your fins ? :wink:

No Roca Partida!!!!!! Major bummer!!! You have to go back!!!
What time of the year is usually less windy at Socorro?
We are just back from Socorro and were not able to get to Roca Partida.

We saw some hammerheads schools while we were there but never got really close to them like you can in Cocos. Don't know if there is a best time. Maybe someone will chime in.

What is the best time of year for hammerheads?
I asked this same question and they said "April to June" and so I went down in the middle and booked in May. Going by the calendar year, that is too late for humpback whales but I may have an outside chance of seeing a whale shark. But above all I want to see hammerhead sharks.

Hi Hintermann. I am likely to be joining the May 10-18 trip on Rocio Del Mar. Is that the outfit you're going with?

Hi Hintermann. I am likely to be joining the May 10-18 trip on Rocio Del Mar. Is that the outfit you're going with?
Yes it is. I am arriving the previous afternoon and staying overnight at the La Tropicana in in Los Cabos. Perhaps we can meet before boarding?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom