Sodwana Bay in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're planning a trip to South Africa at the end of the year, and are considering getting in some diving at Sodwana Bay. We were there last March, and the diving was great but there were a lot of swells even on the bottom. The ride out to the reef was exciting, with a huge surf to get through; but the sea was so rough that the dive boats were only going out in the early morning, for one dive a day.

Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of surf, swells, and diving in general in late November/early December?

Thanks!

LiquidDiver:
Diving in Sodwana is great! Email me or check out www.liquidliving.co.za

If I can help drop me a line
Simon

Cool! Where are you located? I'm in Hawaii at the moment, getting my AOW. Can't wait to get to Sodwana. Do you have a dive op there? I'd love to go to Mozambique. How hard is it for an American?

Thanks for your response.

love2godeep:
Cool! Where are you located? I'm in Hawaii at the moment, getting my AOW. Can't wait to get to Sodwana. Do you have a dive op there? I'd love to go to Mozambique. How hard is it for an American?

Thanks for your response.

You should try to get to Mozambique if you are going to Sodwana already.
Pic I took at Sodwana the past weekend.
Also had dolphins on one dive, and snorkelled with a Humpback whale - awesome weekend.

Mozambique... Ihambane, Tofo are great places for big stuff. St Lazarus Bay is also awesome.

SA-Diver:
You should try to get to Mozambique if you are going to Sodwana already.
Pic I took at Sodwana the past weekend.
Also had dolphins on one dive, and snorkelled with a Humpback whale - awesome weekend.

Hi Kobus,

Was this taken on 1/4 Mile reef?

I have heard that there has been a lot of Raggie activity there.

Snorkelling with Humpbacks!!! :11:

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom