Sofnolime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my opinion the notion of "caveat emptor" should prevail in this case.

The original post included a photo that clearly displays "medical soda lime" on the label.

It wasn't until the 5th post that a photo of a jug displaying "797 grade" was added, and Pete also added "There are just a few not spoken for".

This tells me that a whole bunch of people jumped on this from Pete's first post in this thread where there was no picture or mention of 797 grade. And those folks most likely didn't ask for an actual photo of the jug they would be sent.

Therefore if anyone is unhappy it is the fault of the buyer for not drilling into what they were shelling out money for. If the buyer's were standup guys/gals they would take their sour grapes and go suck on them while reviewing the lesson life has just dealt them, instead of sh*&ing on the guy who they bought them from just because he inherited them instead of buying them.

I would bet that if the various buyers payed for the return shipping they would get their refund for the product quicker. The notion that the seller should be out return shipping is flawed...this isn't Amazon or another company that has a large account to cover shipping and can just easily absorb this, and it is not the seller or their messenger that f---ed up either, it is the buyers who didn't ask enough questions, or ask for more details. It surprises me that the seller didn't tell everyone to go pound sofnolime/sand.

-Z

One person sent a paypal to me for shipping. I can't figure out who that is, but if they send me a DM, I will gladly refund that. Other than that, all monies have gone to Frederick Fisch, Mike's son. When I found out that there was a problem with the sorb, I stopped shipping. I have secured refunds from him for the three people who did not get the sorb but have not received any money for any of the shipping I have done. At this point, I expect to be out over $100 for that. C'est la vie!

I’m the person who sent Pete money for shipping separately for the sorb and I encourage everyone who’s asking for a refund to send Pete the $ for shipping. I obviously had my issues with shipping but Pete shouldn’t be on the hook for trying to help out a friends family.

I’m the person who sent Pete money for shipping separately for the sorb and I encourage everyone who’s asking for a refund to send Pete the $ for shipping. I obviously had my issues with shipping but Pete shouldn’t be on the hook for trying to help out a friends family.
Thanks for your kindness, but please don't send me any money!!! I'll take my lumps like the rest. :D And really, I don't mind refunding your money either. So, just say the word and no one needs to know.

This tells me that a whole bunch of people jumped on this from Pete's first post in this thread where there was no picture or mention of 797 grade. And those folks most likely didn't ask for an actual photo of the jug they would be sent.
You would be mistaken. A lot of conversation happened in PM. Including asking about the grade and mesh size. Thus the jug picture that eventually got posted.

I’m not sure why you are so quick to talk smack about a group of people and a transaction you have no knowledge about, but feel free to continue being outraged over some stuff that has nothing to do with you.

You would be mistaken. A lot of conversation happened in PM. Including asking about the grade and mesh size. Thus the jug picture that eventually got posted.

I’m not sure why you are so quick to talk smack about a group of people and a transaction you have no knowledge about, but feel free to continue being outraged over some stuff that has nothing to do with you.

Not outraged at all. Actually a bit amused at all the hulabaloo from folks who made a mistake with what they bought, especially since that product is a major element of their life support system.

If the correct questions were asked in those private conversations then a smart guy like yourself would not have purchased the wrong product for your needs.

Nice try though, with both your snap back on me and your purchase. :wink:

-Z

If the correct questions were asked in those private conversations then a smart guy like yourself would not have purchased the wrong product for your needs.
Hey genius, 797 was represented as the bottle inside the boxes. That IS diving grade.

Actually a bit amused at all the hulabaloo from folks who made a mistake with what they bought, especially since that product is a major element of their life support system.
If I posts a picture of an apple for sale and you get send a banana, it's your fault?

(Reminder for myself: Never buy anything from Zef)

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom