Soft Goodman - Raider 1, Xtar D26, DGX 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been looking for a soft hand mount for my lights for a while.

I have had the Universal one from DGX for a long time but never liked it. It appears to be identical to the Oxycheq Universal.

I've seen the Oxycheq Raider I and Raider III soft hand mounts recommended on here a number of times, so I finally decided to try one. But, they don't publish size info. I emailed Edd at Cave Adventurers. He emailed me back this info:

"The Raider I fits the larger backup lights (1"- 1.4") and the Raider III fits the smaller (.75"- 1.1") approximately. The big blue 1100 and 1200 and the explorer light use the Raider III."

I measured my D26 at 1.3" in the middle part of the handle and the DGX 600 at 1.1". I really wanted it for the Xtar light, so I ordered a Raider 1. CA has them on sale right now for something like $24.

When I took it out of the package, I thought "there is no way the D26 is going to fit in that little sleeve." Well, I'm happy to say I was wrong.

I didn't think even the DGX 600 would fit, so I tried it first. It was a VERY tight fit, but I got it in there. Once in, it is so tight, I would not be worried at all about having it come out by accident. I now think this glove is the perfect solution for hand mounting the DGX 600.

Then I tried the Xtar light. It turns out, the butt end of the DGX light is a fair bit bigger than the middle part and is pretty close to the same size as the butt end of the Xtar. So, it was pretty much equal in difficulty to get the Xtar light into that sleeve, but it does fit. Once it is slid all the way in, the sleeve is a little tighter around the light, but it's not like it's so tight that it looks like it's going to start tearing the seams or anything.

Bottom line: I think the Raider 1 is the perfect hand mount for the DGX 600 or the Xtar D26.

Here are some pictures with the Xtar D26.

2017-04-17%2014.48.55.jpg

2017-04-17%2014.50.18.jpg

2017-04-17%2014.51.10.jpg

The strap with the loop velcro has loop velcro on both sides. The hook strap has a flap and hook velcro on both sides, so with the flap folded over, it's gripping the loop velcro strap from both sides. I think it will prove to be pretty secure.
2017-04-17%2014.52.17.jpg

For reference, I typically wear Men's gloves in size L or XL, depending on the glove manufacturer.

Well, you did say to get the Raider 3... :p:D:cheers:

true, that was for your DGX600's though, but that is why I also said to call Edd because I could never remember which one is which since the oxycheq site doesn't specify. This thing is infinitely better than any other soft goodman I've seen on the market though

true, that was for your DGX600's though, but that is why I also said to call Edd because I could never remember which one is which since the oxycheq site doesn't specify. This thing is infinitely better than any other soft goodman I've seen on the market though

I agree. And, seriously, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom